Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting the virtual machines based on running status.

In the portal.azure.com, when we view the virtual machine resources, it is getting listed by the name of the VM, status, resource group, location, subscription. Where we are allowed to sort the resources by name, location, resource group, location, subscription but not by the status. It would be great if we have this. This will help the infra maintenance engineers while collecting data from the portal

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Integrate Tile for PowerBI Reports \ Dashboards in Azure Dashboard

Could the PowerBI Team and Azure Portal team collaborate and create a new Tile to support PBI and the embedded Web view on the Azure Dashboard. PBIs like ER Statistics ( https://github.com/tvuylsteke/azure-ea-powerbi/tree/master/Express%20Route%20Stats%20-%20V1 ) and others would be great to pin on a Azure Dashboard - There seems to be a limitation today with PBI push API embedded Web that prevents this from using in a Markdown Tile - ( https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/502f0922-1dca-4d94-9942-c3f073190a5c/power-bi-dashboard-on-azure-portal?forum=windowsazuremanagement )

Is there thought on allowing PBI Tile on Azure Dashboard or integration with markdown Tile or a future tile being developed ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Status monitoring for multiple Azure resources

I should be able to build custom dashboard which can show following status for selected Azure resources within or across subscriptions.

1. Availability of each resource from 3 different geo locations
    2. Critical security center recommendations if any
    4. Perf recommendations if any
    5. Planned downtime notice with days to go
    6. Custom (e.g. monitor service from windows VM)

Currently I have specific requirement to monitor following set of Azure resources as our each instance of our product deployment consists of
    1. Cloud Service Classic
    2. IaaS Vms
    2. Azure SQL DB
    3. Vnet
    4. TM
    5. Azure Storage
    6.…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ensure existing functionality is not lost with updates.

For example up until very recently there were a number of tiles on the Web App blade that were extremely useful, such as the "Active Deployment" tile showing the status of a build. Being able to pin this tile from several different web apps to the dashboard and projecting the dashboard on the wall for the dev team to see was very useful. Now we have to wade through the blades of different apps to see what is happening with builds, preventing us seeing all that we need to at once.

An example of a useful sysadmin tile is the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status filter/sort option needed

Need a sort/filter option to display the servers based on STATUS value.
    I would like to see RUNNING servers on top of the list.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dashboard need to be more userfriendly

consider you are in the vm blade and you click on the dashboard icon. It will return to the dashboard.
    and your vm is listed in the dashboard.
    if you click on the vm icon again from the dashboard, it wont redirect to the vm blade,
    if you want to access the vm , then
    1* you have to click any other controls or links from the dashboard.
    2* click the dashboard again
    3* click the vm icon, now you are on the vm blade.

need to improve..,

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow custom blades to be created in the portal

Would like to be able add custom blades to the portal? I mean, something like a custom REST call/query, JSON config based, and/or eventually (ideally) some custom code or PS script? It may help a lot to fill some gaps every one of us tempt to find in the portal.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Virtual Machines' filter

Virtual machines' list's custom columns and resource group filters go away once pinned to an Azure Dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Start a runbook from an Azure dashboard

An Azure Automation runbook can be pinned to a dashboard, however it simply takes you to the full blade for the runbook. It would be good if it supported the ability to trigger the runbook (possibly with specified parameters) directly from the dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. dashboard auto-generate

Auto generate new dashboard for a resource group based on template with tiles defined by user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock open the sidebar

Having the main left hand sidebar menu automatically minimize to a row of unfamiliar icons is both irritating and unnecessary on a high resolution screen.

Please provide the ability to lock open the sidebar in the new portal to show both icons and text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A dashboard template that can be applied to the same type of resources for instant dashboard generation

The new dashboards are great. I typically use very similar layout for properties that use Application Insight (AI). These will have the various charts for exceptions, usage, failures, slow requests, etc. And it works great.

But I have to create one for each AI resource that I want to track.

Ideally, I would create a "template dashboard" that required the source for the needed types (an AI resource, a Storage resource, etc.). Once these values are plugged in, the dashboard lights up with the data from each of these resources.

This would allow me to create a single dashboard template…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom images on tiles

I'm getting used to use my dashboard. And after organizing my graphs and tiles it has become my entry point to everything I do.

However, -We quickly end up with lots tiles for VM's, Web apps and other resources. It's good that I can resize and group them, but as they all look the same it's kind of difficult to set them apart.

I believe that if you could upload and set custom images on your tiles, it would make it easier to find and more personal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base