Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fullscreen Query String Option on Dashboards

Allow a query string option for invoking full screen on a dashboard. This would be used to automate the display of full screen dashboards in a rotating manner.

The current implementation of "Fullscreen" allows for a user to click a button to invoke full screen. However, in automation systems that rotate screens the option is lost and not easily invoked. Please add an additional option to automatically invoke via query string similar to Power BI and other services.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow pinned tile configuration to include label customization

Customization options for pinned tiles are limited to size. In order to help create a more task-drive friendly environment, allowing renaming of tiles would be very helpful. For instance rather that have 4 tiles say "Site Settings" for my sites, allow me to label them so I can distinguish them.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize color of metric graphs pinned to Dashboard

We use multiple dashboards extensively on large walled displays for operational center-like monitoring of key diagnostics to visualize servers and services.

The latest improvement to Azure Monitor and the metric graphs that are pinned to a dashboard are a great improvement, but the color-scheme of the chart lines and the legend of performance counters are now making harder to see key information.

Please add support to customize the color of each series line in a chart and also to customize the text of the series in the legend to be more legible.

Refer to the attached screenshot of a portion…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Refresh button for Azure dashboard

At present there is no way to refresh a table for eg. a table showing containers in a particular storage. I ran my script to add containers to a storage. Now I have to refresh the whole page to check is it was created or not. Same is the case with instances and most of the tables.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pin to Dashboard - Allow selection of Dashboard when pinning tile

When pinning a tile to a dashboard, for example the Cosmos Db Throttled Request Metric from Cosmos Db Account via Resource Group. The tile is always pinned to the last dashboard that was created.
    It would be great to click the Pin to Dashboard and then be able to choose which Dashboard to pin the tile to.
    We have a number of dashboards, including one for each customer.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto refreshing tiles

Instead of having a button to refresh everything. It would be alot more useful if the tiles would just update with the latest info on its own.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Force default dashboard users

I would like an option to be able to create a dashboard, and force this as default for some users.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Important announce should use notification in azure.

Important announce is not use blog, but should use notification in azure.

Now, I can not use TCP 25port because I migrated subscription to MSDN.

Recentry I read this blog.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2017/11/15/enhanced-azure-security-for-sending-emails-november-2017-update/

If this announce would be not blog, but would be notification in azure, I didn't migrate my subscription.

I hope important announce will be notification in azure because I can not notice blog released.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see *all* systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable

Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable.
    For examples I have pipelines section pinned from different data factories on dashboard it would be good if I can name them differently. In general it would be easy if I can rename components pinned on Dashboard.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users to control Azure Portal Dashboards expiration time and make dashboards usable

Dashboards with it's current session expiration timeout are pretty much useless to be user as office dashboards and status monitoring. Most of the time session expires too soon and Office TVs show a "session expired, please refresh" message. Putting the tab with a dashboard on a cyclic refresh (e.g. "refresh this tab every 20 seconds") is not an option at all - new portal loading speed is horrendous, and the tab is cycled out from a view faster than it manages to display any useful diagrams or alerts.

This was not an issue in the past and came only in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard

Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard so that we can quickly see the cost on our dashboard.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base