Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter Item Wildcards For Easier Search Capabilities

When looking at a long list of several resources (all resources or items within a resource group) with long naming conventions there is no easy way to search/filter what you are looking for without spelling out the beginning of the resource.

It would be convenient to type: %item%prod% to be able to gather all resources containing that specific "item" and in "prod".
    i.e. itemeus1storageprod1

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create tree view in Portal for subscriptions, resource groups and resources

I'd like an easy way to quickly explore my deployed Azure services using a tree view like the left hand pane in Windows Explorer.
    I would expect the tree view to start at my current top level. By which I mean if I can see multiple subs then that would be the first layer of the tree, then resource groups, then resources.
    Clicking a resource will open the blade for that resource.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow scrolling the multiple blades that are open using the mouse scroll wheel.

When there is multiple blades/panes open and the horizontal scroll bar shows up, it woule be good if we can scroll from left to right using the vertical mouse scroll wheel.

If the blade/pane under the cursor has content that needs to be vertically scrolled, vertical scroll has the priority, once it reaches the limit, then scroll horizontally depending on the direction.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Group by properties in All Resources

It would be a good idea that when going to All Resources the Resources should be grouped based on their category. For example all the VMs should be in a folder Virtual Machine, Virtual Networks in a Virtual Networks folder etc. Or group the e properties of a vm in the same folder (network card,storage). The current way that are displayed the resources it creates confusion and it's not that organized at all, specially if you have lots of resources.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable search keyword filters in Azure Portal

In the new Search capability, released at GA time, I'd like the ability to specify keyword filters. Here are a few examples I'd envision:

"name:tre" - This should find all Resources, of all types, that contain "tre" (case insensitive)

"type:vnet" - This should return all Resources that are of type Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks.

The feature should auto-complete the names of the keyword filters, so that users don't have to remember exactly what the keywords are. Furthermore, the feature should start returning matching results as soon as the user starts typing a few characters.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort "Choose a size" by cost, size, or alphabetically, allow list view

When creating a virtual machine, the "Choose a size" screen is busy and the default layout is difficult to digest.

The following would be helpful:
    + Allowing a list view with Name, CPU, Disk, and Price as sortable columns
    + Allow sorting of the tiles by Name, Price, etc
    + Already have a "Recommended" filter; add a "Recently Used" filter

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Global and Local Subscription Filtering Options

Here are the problems this would solve:

- Right now all filtering is global, which is not obvious at first.
    - Going back to a previous journey that used a different filter does not restore the filter. Having this as a local filter to the journey should fix this.
    -

There could be a “Global Filters” in the left menu bar that you can select and could filter your subscriptions (and maybe other things in the future), or I could see the “Global Filtering” being done in the existing subscriptions menu in the left hand blade, or even changing the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop showing settings on every item opened

Currently when I open anything in the portal that has a "Settings" menu as well, the settings menu opens up automatically. It's a pain and I don't want to see it on everything I open - at least give us an option to choose to turn that behavior off rather than making it the default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Request to add ability to create favorite menus on any blade.

Frequent changes in the Azure portal has been applied. That changes contains the move of menus. We sometimes provide demonstration to customers to get new opportunities. But unfortunately, "the change" applied right before the demonstration!!

Azure is Cloud environment so we cannot say "Don't change". But we actually failed in the contract because we couldn't operate Azure portal smoothly.... So we request you to add ability to create favorite menus on all blade. If you provide, we don't have time to search menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".

Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".
    More so with LiveId accounts that are used in multiple subscriptions.
    You will need good designers and information architects to sit through multiple sessions to come up with a suitable and clean ui flow. I used to think that Canonicals Jujucharms https://demo.jujucharms.com/ did a good job of it .. not so much now .. It is a hard problem to represent dense actionable information in a limited screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make column resizing more like Windows (i.e. predictable)

Right now it's a bit of whack-a-mole when you resize a column; other column names become partially obscured and/or arbitrarily resize, plus there is no way to just resize them all to fit (like CTRL++ in Windows Explorer)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to put current balance on the dashboard

View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to see my current balance on the dashboard and burn rate in a simple window. This is important information I like to check frequently. I should not have to go off the dashboard to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a inteligent searchbox

When i started using a azure i had create a sql server and i after few minutes i forgot a login and passwor. And i had start looking for place where i can chanange or find my admin password or login and this take a 1hour.... Create a searchbox where i can type a useability for example admin password

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to view a list of resources grouped by columns values

When browsing resources in "All Resources" or by any other resource types it would be great to have the ability to view the list of resources grouped by columns values. It can be only one group, no need to have complex multi-field grouping here.

A typical scenario would be this one: I have already filtered 4 subscriptions out of 30+ and I want to group resources by subscription, resource group or even resource type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. after showing notifications, view should not return to homepage

When I click a notification, the notification blade is showed and when I close it, the context where I was working is lost.
    Ex: in VM (classic) blade I decide to start a VM, the notification shows me an error, I click the notification, read the error message and then close the notification blade. At this point the home page is shown instead of the blades I had previously. Would it be possible to show the notification blade on the right? or perhaps, next to the blade I'm currently using?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. View your full email and/or subscription at the top

I use multiple email addresses with different email domains to manage multiple accounts. Some accounts have multiple subscriptions to them.

However, the space where the email address is displayed at the top too small. I can't tell which email I'm looking at.

And if you have multiple subscriptions, there isn't a way to know which subscription is which because it only shows the id -- not the organization it is associated with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. nueva catalogacion de los sevicios segun el "XaaS"

Creo muy ideal el catalogar los servicios actuales bajo las definiciones teóricas de modelo IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Por ejemplo, bajo el marco IaaS se asocian los servicios de virtual machine, etc, bajo el marco de PaaS se asocian los servcios de SQL, Hadoop, etc. Bajo el marco de DaaS se asocian servicios como Intune, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base