Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Request to add ability to create favorite menus on any blade.

Frequent changes in the Azure portal has been applied. That changes contains the move of menus. We sometimes provide demonstration to customers to get new opportunities. But unfortunately, "the change" applied right before the demonstration!!

Azure is Cloud environment so we cannot say "Don't change". But we actually failed in the contract because we couldn't operate Azure portal smoothly.... So we request you to add ability to create favorite menus on all blade. If you provide, we don't have time to search menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".

Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".
    More so with LiveId accounts that are used in multiple subscriptions.
    You will need good designers and information architects to sit through multiple sessions to come up with a suitable and clean ui flow. I used to think that Canonicals Jujucharms https://demo.jujucharms.com/ did a good job of it .. not so much now .. It is a hard problem to represent dense actionable information in a limited screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a search bar to the menu on the left.

It would be nice to have a search bar in the left menu panel. The tabs here aren't listed in the global search bar and sometimes it's hard to find a tab you want. There is a ctrl-f option but you know, this solution would be easier to navigate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to add dividers in the menu

When marking services as favorite, the left-hand menu can get crazy really fast. It would be nice to either customize the layout by being able to place custom dividers (thin horizontal lines, just like the favorites bar, but without a label, see attachment AzurePortal-Divider-CustomDivider.jpg)

Or group them by service (see AzurePortal-Divider-PerService.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add virtual tabs to the portal

Sometimes you want to have a few resources 'open' without having to open multiple actual browser tabs. Can we get some in-portal virtual tabs that could be spawned per resource?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

For example if I'm on the Resource Group>Overview blade, I get information such as Sub.ID and a list of resources. In AZ CLI, if type the command of "AZ ResourceGroup Overview" I would get the same information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. All Virtual Machine should be search with their IP Address too like we do search with their hostname

The other cloud providers like AWS , we can get machine detail with ip address but in Azure it is not possible , any how we need to find hostname afterward we can get machine detail .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Undo the global filtering change made on 4/16.

The Change to global filtering made on 4/16 is very counter intuitive, and a pain to navigate for me with 100+ servers across multiple subscriptions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we have 'Load All' option to show all Secrets in key vault?

Can we have 'Load All' option to show all Secrets in key vault?
    and also to have kind of grid view, so we can search required secrete quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Where to **** can i find and download my invoices?

Where to **** can I find and download my invoice?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow sorting of data lake files viewed through data explorer by date modified, size, and name; both ascending and descending

Allow sorting of data lake files and folders viewed through data explorer by date modified, size, and name; both ascending and descending. This functionality is surely very simple to implement and also makes the data lake data explorer a lot more usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide & unhide option of navigation pane in azure website.

The navigation details on left hand side takes a quarter portion of the screen. If hide & unhide options are added a full view screen would be easy for computing as a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Web App" filter

Currently we can filter by App Service. But the slots of an App Service is called a "Web App". Can we include web apps in the App Service filter or add a web app filter?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to view Remaining & Used Credit (Amount)

It should be great if you add the option to view the remaining and used credit when you have multiple subscription of azure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Proper searching for VMs based on Size and other VM fields

The current search is woefully inadequate. Check how AWS makes the portal usable, and allows ability to search resources with regex even.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the "starred/shortcuts" left menu transferrable (via ARM templates or PowerShell?)

I manage quite a few subscriptions, and I favour the same selection of portal features (in my "starred" left navigation bar) for most of them. A real pain-point is scrolling/scanning up and down that "starred/shortcut" menu for the icon I need.

I'd like to be able to script the menu and transfer it to my other subscription/directory login sessions.

I understand why each should be separate, but I'd like to be able to copy the selection and order of items to other logins. It would also be a big bonus if I can offer the template to a customer, once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Site Tour for the First Time logged in Users

I have been wondering if we can have a site tour for the first time logged in users. Most of the times users would know what to use and at the same time most of them don't know about the inbuilt features. So it would be always a good idea to develop a video on most of the topics like a Site tour Guide. This will improve customer Usage experience. I haven't noticed this but may be a sitemap might be available.

Azure now is one of the best cloud computing technology hosting's. so it is always a good candidate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer a lightweight resource search page that supports Chrome custom search engines

I often find myself (1) without a browser tab open in the Portal and (2) wanting to jump to a resource and not wait for the portal to load.

Today, I open a bookmark to some portal page, which causes me to have to a heavy portal page I don't really care about just to use the search box.

I make good use of Chrome's custom search engines feature. This feature allows me to set up custom URL bar search keywords for favorite sites. For example, I can go to the URL bar, type a shortcut word (like "amazon"), hit…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unregitered functionality being greyed out

Some functionality is greyed out if certain permission is greyed out. How to know which permission grant has to be registered?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base