Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refresh button in each blade

Provide a refresh button/option in each blade.
    Scenario i found this need: provisioning a SharePoint farm. In the process of Azure assets creation, when i look at the resource group blade, i need to hit F5 to see the process of different VMs, cloud services etc being created.

Not high level priority but can be useful.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  15 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Consistent Status Column

In the old Portal, there was a "status" column under "All Items". In the new Portal, "Browse > All Items" does not have one, nor an option to add it. If you drill down into specific areas (Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Cloud Services, etc.), some have a "status" column while others do not. It would be nice to have the "status" column show up consistently in all areas, and to have it in "Browse > All Items" to make it easier to see what's running and what's idle / stopped. Thank you!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  9 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browse should only show everything I HAVE

"Browse Everything" should only show everything I HAVE. there is no way to easily see everything I have deployed like I can in the current portal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add virtual tabs to the portal

Sometimes you want to have a few resources 'open' without having to open multiple actual browser tabs. Can we get some in-portal virtual tabs that could be spawned per resource?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the "starred/shortcuts" left menu transferrable (via ARM templates or PowerShell?)

I manage quite a few subscriptions, and I favour the same selection of portal features (in my "starred" left navigation bar) for most of them. A real pain-point is scrolling/scanning up and down that "starred/shortcut" menu for the icon I need.

I'd like to be able to script the menu and transfer it to my other subscription/directory login sessions.

I understand why each should be separate, but I'd like to be able to copy the selection and order of items to other logins. It would also be a big bonus if I can offer the template to a customer, once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please please get rid of the leftmost menu and replace it with the menu that appears after clicking Browse

I hate clicking Browse to see the full list of services. It's an extra click for me. Put the full list on the leftmost panel and keep the filter textbox. Or merge the two menus together keeping the current leftmost panel at the top and full list at the bottom so users can still see most commonly used services. This is driving me nuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. endless loop journeys

Azure Portal continues on and on when you clicking on resources (endless loop journeys). Surely it should know that the blade to the left is the one it’s trying to open and just go there?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base