Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ibiza portal tabs - switch views without leaving current navigation

Allow 'tabs' within the Ibiza portal so as to allow switching to different views without needing to re-navigate the tree to get to a resource.
    Use case: I'm filling out a Support case and need to navigate away to gather information or take screenshots. TODAY I would either need to open an additional browser tab or navigate away form my current view. It would be better to have built-in navigation tabs that way I can have multiple views without needing to waste Computer Memory by having a new browser tab loaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Query field for all pages that show list

There is big problems to find added users from any lists. We have 1000+ added to as member of groups and i am not able to query is user on that list. I have to press huge number of times show more and user browser search function. Its really annoying and poor design. Impossible to use the solution at any effective level. Also there needs to be way to arrange colums by name. Now i have random users in the list. Not in any order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There is too much things on th site! It looks like a headache to find stuff

to the left of the home screen you just see a whole list that looks looks like a 10 year old made it. Put everything in folders so it doesn't look like you guys were rushing to put the site out. Its a pain to find things I mean I know there is a search bar, but put some words next to the buttons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. UI - change of restore icon in SQL database

In resource group on top is icon refresh which is very similar to restore icon in SQL database. I clicked on this icon to refresh database size. It will be very nice to have there another icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Refresh list of Jobs in Automation Account

When viewing the Jobs blade under and Automation Account, there needs to be a refresh button. Currently to refresh the list of jobs, we have to click off to another blade and come back to the Jobs blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put All MFA Settings in the Same Place

Every control that can toggle MFA on or off should be accessible from the same place. As it is today, an admin can go to Azure Active Directory > Users > Multi-factor auth to enforce or disable MFA for routine sign-ins. But if the admin wants to enforce or disable MFA on mobile device registrations, the admin has to go to a completely different place, Azure Active Directory > Devices > Device Settings.

This was a confusing experience for me, an admin who needed to turn off all MFA prompts. Admins won't necessarily understand the distinction between device registration MFA…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add hyperlink to site logo that allows to link to company website

add hyperlink to site logo that allows to link to company website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Azure Scheduler

There is confusing terminology in the scheduler for a particular job. There is a “Start On” value showing a Date and a Time. One would normally assume that this is the date and time that the job will run.

This is not the case. One needs to go to the “Advanced Schedule” section to see/set what time the job will actually run by setting the Day(s) Hour and Minute that the job will actually be run.

This seems quite counter-intuitive for a Scheduler to have the actual scheduler hide the mechanism of scheduling behind an “Advanced” button?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maritime courses and training online.Partnership with MCA.IMO.MPA.USCG.

DMS Consultancybd is my online maritime site. Its a complete home of maritime solution . All maritime business,training,education and jobs in same platform is our intention. To connect all emplyee ant employer in sae platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. too busy, too convoluted

There is still a bit of unused screen. Can a few more icons and colors be used to fill that up? I'm not sure if every Azure feature that I will never use is represented on-screen, but you've certainly made a good effort, so kudos for that.

Seriously. We use MFA. All I want to do is add a new user from our finance department who can change the payment method, and give that person some screencaps to show her how to do it. I take it from how convoluted this whole process is that no one from Microsoft has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to move from one azure login account to another

When working for a client I may need to be logged into their subscription as JohnDo@someaccount.com but also have our corporate subscription as JohnSmith@mycorp.com

It would be really nice to be able to *Switch accounts* instead of having to logout / login -- or currently have two browser windows in incognito mode -- both of which are a pain for navigation and quick resolution... of any administrative work needing to be done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All Virtual Machine should be search with their IP Address too like we do search with their hostname

The other cloud providers like AWS , we can get machine detail with ip address but in Azure it is not possible , any how we need to find hostname afterward we can get machine detail .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a condition in your indexing where it can show VMs by searching IP

As of now, we are unable to search the VM wit its internal or external IPs. In case if we have a huge infrastructure setup and we only have IP of server as information, we cant search via IP address in current Azrue portal.

Please make some modification in you indexing/search condition where it can display results of VMs while searching the IP.

In AWS console we can search it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the nic details on the sizes of the virtual machines on the portal.

Add the nic details on the sizes of the virtual machines on the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve virtual machine "choice a size" user interface

It's would be better if virtual machine "Choice a size" step with a few new features:

1. Simple text filter for keyword searching
    2. Specific type (CPU, I/O, RAM, GPU, ...) filtering with a radio/checkbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Identification (like account # or customer id #) associated with anydocument or email generated. The identification should be searchable.

All documents, emails, spreadsheets, etc. must have the identification # and resource from a lookup box. Only administrators can add new numbers to lookup box. Fields to be identified but require more than a number field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can we have 'Load All' option to show all Secrets in key vault?

Can we have 'Load All' option to show all Secrets in key vault?
    and also to have kind of grid view, so we can search required secrete quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support typeahead search for country/region in Home > Help + support > New support request > Contact Information.

Support type ahead search for country/region in Home > Help + support > New support request > Contact Information. Today we have to manually scroll down to the right country.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to see blob names in the blob list.

I uploaded 5 blobs. When I came back after a new login, I'd could not see the blob name in any of the columns. The first column is time, and it is not very meaningful. The name resides in properties behind each line, but that is awkward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base