Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to view a list of resources grouped by columns values

When browsing resources in "All Resources" or by any other resource types it would be great to have the ability to view the list of resources grouped by columns values. It can be only one group, no need to have complex multi-field grouping here.

A typical scenario would be this one: I have already filtered 4 subscriptions out of 30+ and I want to group resources by subscription, resource group or even resource type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. after showing notifications, view should not return to homepage

When I click a notification, the notification blade is showed and when I close it, the context where I was working is lost.
    Ex: in VM (classic) blade I decide to start a VM, the notification shows me an error, I click the notification, read the error message and then close the notification blade. At this point the home page is shown instead of the blades I had previously. Would it be possible to show the notification blade on the right? or perhaps, next to the blade I'm currently using?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Default Resource Group Selections

In the Azure Portal, I have two subscriptions, each with a large number of resource groups, because I work for a large company. Out of about 30 resource groups, I personally only use three in my account most of the time. It would be really nice if I could have a default filter that only shows me resources from those certain resource groups. This would ideally work just like how we have the ability to filter for what subscriptions we want to view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want more theme of Azure Portal we can chose.

Currently, we can chose 4 theme for Azure Portal.
    But, my organization have 6 tenants and I want each tenant have independent color. For this purpose, I want more themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Pluralsight into azure portal

Video tutorials would help users go a long way quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expand search features to include Computer Name field

Expand the search features to include the Computer Name field.

Virtual machine naming standards may change down the road causing a mismatch from the originally created Azure Virtual Machine name. Allowing for searches to include the option of Computer Name, will allow for quicker discovery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. Missing horizontal scrollbar in "Virtual Machines" pane after adding multiple columns

On the virtual machines pane in portal.azure.com, I had to edit the columns to show more attributes. That is when I realised that there is no horizontal scroll bar for me to review the columns. Please have this fixed on priority. Not having the horizontal scroll bar seriously limits to view multiple attributes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. multiple instance search

We need to have an option to search multiple instances at one point (comma seperated). This is often used by IaaS management

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

For example if I'm on the Resource Group>Overview blade, I get information such as Sub.ID and a list of resources. In AZ CLI, if type the command of "AZ ResourceGroup Overview" I would get the same information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

10. Portal UI Changes

The Azure Portal Interface changes too often. It make it difficult to find things from one day to the next and is very frustrating. Need to be thoughtful about these changes and to reduce the churn so customers can get their work done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix column width issues - disappearing columns

It's great to be able to add all the column options, but instead of having the screen scroll to show them, they just aren't there unless you collapse the ones that are already shown; and when you drag a column width slider to shrink it by 2 pixels the whole column shrinks to nothing and is overtaken by the column to the right of it.

I end up losing all my normal columns just because I'm trying to shrink them down a little bit and see the data I'm interested in.

I don't get it. Is it just me this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Overhall the UI and UX

Azure is very difficult to use when you are not used to it - i.e. there is a high barrier to entry which should be a lot lower. I have noticed that once you actually figure out how to do stuff, it is very easy, but getting to that can take one days of effort.

I am teaching this to high school students and have found that even professionals struggle when they are new to the product. I would suggest looking at the interface and perhaps commissioning independent tutorials as well. Simply cutting down on the available options and displaying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Searching All Services for "factory" doesn't show Data Factory

Many services have good keywords available so that searching for services is intuitive. However, for Azure Data Factory, when I search for "factory" under All Services I don't get any results. Instead, I have to know to search for "factories". Please fix this. See attached image to show what I am talking about.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add favorite in drop down list of Resource Group in Portal

Some customers require demand for capability to add favorite for most used services in a Resource Group from Azure Portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete all Modern UI elements

There comes a point wherein you must realize that UI/UX design is not something HTLM/JS was designed to handle.

Build a stable platform, stop trying to lock people into an environment. Refactor your code, put your **** in System Center because consolidation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Author column for apps

Please add author column for apps management (Home
    Microsoft Intune -> Client apps -> Apps)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quick Left menu filter

It should be possible to have a quick search filter at the top of the page that only operates against the favorites in the left hand tab list. This saves the having to open "all Service" and filter in the entire list of services which can take some time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make search in IAM section faster

Usually perform search in IAM Section is very slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add member in some role dialog must be done more human friendly.

add member in some role dialog must be done more human friendly.
    For example grouped by service.
    in a google cloud it looks simply and much more user-friendly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dropdowns should filterable by using the keyboard.

Like most applications, dropdowns should select the most matching item when typing inside the open popup.

Like:
    - I open (click) a drop down that allows me to choose an country.
    - I type "GER"
    - "Germany" should be selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base