Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix column width issues - disappearing columns

It's great to be able to add all the column options, but instead of having the screen scroll to show them, they just aren't there unless you collapse the ones that are already shown; and when you drag a column width slider to shrink it by 2 pixels the whole column shrinks to nothing and is overtaken by the column to the right of it.

I end up losing all my normal columns just because I'm trying to shrink them down a little bit and see the data I'm interested in.

I don't get it. Is it just me this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Overhall the UI and UX

Azure is very difficult to use when you are not used to it - i.e. there is a high barrier to entry which should be a lot lower. I have noticed that once you actually figure out how to do stuff, it is very easy, but getting to that can take one days of effort.

I am teaching this to high school students and have found that even professionals struggle when they are new to the product. I would suggest looking at the interface and perhaps commissioning independent tutorials as well. Simply cutting down on the available options and displaying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Searching All Services for "factory" doesn't show Data Factory

Many services have good keywords available so that searching for services is intuitive. However, for Azure Data Factory, when I search for "factory" under All Services I don't get any results. Instead, I have to know to search for "factories". Please fix this. See attached image to show what I am talking about.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add favorite in drop down list of Resource Group in Portal

Some customers require demand for capability to add favorite for most used services in a Resource Group from Azure Portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete all Modern UI elements

There comes a point wherein you must realize that UI/UX design is not something HTLM/JS was designed to handle.

Build a stable platform, stop trying to lock people into an environment. Refactor your code, put your **** in System Center because consolidation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Author column for apps

Please add author column for apps management (Home
    Microsoft Intune -> Client apps -> Apps)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quick Left menu filter

It should be possible to have a quick search filter at the top of the page that only operates against the favorites in the left hand tab list. This saves the having to open "all Service" and filter in the entire list of services which can take some time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make search in IAM section faster

Usually perform search in IAM Section is very slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add member in some role dialog must be done more human friendly.

add member in some role dialog must be done more human friendly.
    For example grouped by service.
    in a google cloud it looks simply and much more user-friendly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dropdowns should filterable by using the keyboard.

Like most applications, dropdowns should select the most matching item when typing inside the open popup.

Like:
    - I open (click) a drop down that allows me to choose an country.
    - I type "GER"
    - "Germany" should be selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ibiza portal tabs - switch views without leaving current navigation

Allow 'tabs' within the Ibiza portal so as to allow switching to different views without needing to re-navigate the tree to get to a resource.
    Use case: I'm filling out a Support case and need to navigate away to gather information or take screenshots. TODAY I would either need to open an additional browser tab or navigate away form my current view. It would be better to have built-in navigation tabs that way I can have multiple views without needing to waste Computer Memory by having a new browser tab loaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Query field for all pages that show list

There is big problems to find added users from any lists. We have 1000+ added to as member of groups and i am not able to query is user on that list. I have to press huge number of times show more and user browser search function. Its really annoying and poor design. Impossible to use the solution at any effective level. Also there needs to be way to arrange colums by name. Now i have random users in the list. Not in any order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is too much things on th site! It looks like a headache to find stuff

to the left of the home screen you just see a whole list that looks looks like a 10 year old made it. Put everything in folders so it doesn't look like you guys were rushing to put the site out. Its a pain to find things I mean I know there is a search bar, but put some words next to the buttons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. UI - change of restore icon in SQL database

In resource group on top is icon refresh which is very similar to restore icon in SQL database. I clicked on this icon to refresh database size. It will be very nice to have there another icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Refresh list of Jobs in Automation Account

When viewing the Jobs blade under and Automation Account, there needs to be a refresh button. Currently to refresh the list of jobs, we have to click off to another blade and come back to the Jobs blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put All MFA Settings in the Same Place

Every control that can toggle MFA on or off should be accessible from the same place. As it is today, an admin can go to Azure Active Directory > Users > Multi-factor auth to enforce or disable MFA for routine sign-ins. But if the admin wants to enforce or disable MFA on mobile device registrations, the admin has to go to a completely different place, Azure Active Directory > Devices > Device Settings.

This was a confusing experience for me, an admin who needed to turn off all MFA prompts. Admins won't necessarily understand the distinction between device registration MFA…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add hyperlink to site logo that allows to link to company website

add hyperlink to site logo that allows to link to company website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure Scheduler

There is confusing terminology in the scheduler for a particular job. There is a “Start On” value showing a Date and a Time. One would normally assume that this is the date and time that the job will run.

This is not the case. One needs to go to the “Advanced Schedule” section to see/set what time the job will actually run by setting the Day(s) Hour and Minute that the job will actually be run.

This seems quite counter-intuitive for a Scheduler to have the actual scheduler hide the mechanism of scheduling behind an “Advanced” button?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maritime courses and training online.Partnership with MCA.IMO.MPA.USCG.

DMS Consultancybd is my online maritime site. Its a complete home of maritime solution . All maritime business,training,education and jobs in same platform is our intention. To connect all emplyee ant employer in sae platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base