Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide & unhide option of navigation pane in azure website.

The navigation details on left hand side takes a quarter portion of the screen. If hide & unhide options are added a full view screen would be easy for computing as a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can Azure portal show permalink to any specified resource or page?

Team,

Currently, Azure portal does not generate or show up permalink in address bar. We could not share a link to the certain page or resource across peers.

This begs another peer to navigate to that resource from square one.

Do we have reasons for not having permalink?

- Ashok

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Web App" filter

Currently we can filter by App Service. But the slots of an App Service is called a "Web App". Can we include web apps in the App Service filter or add a web app filter?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to view Remaining & Used Credit (Amount)

It should be great if you add the option to view the remaining and used credit when you have multiple subscription of azure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to search devices using "EAS activation ID" in Intune portal

In the Ibiza-style Intune portal, you can enter a computer name or device name or UPN in the Filters, but you cannot use "EAS activation ID".

If a user has 10 devices enrolled under same UPN, such machines may have same computer names, especially if the user plays with VMs or so...
    This makes hard to send a "Reboot or Fresh Start" MDM command to the right machine : you have to ask the user for EAS ID, then click on every identical machine name and compare the EAS ID in the "Hardware" tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the "starred/shortcuts" left menu transferrable (via ARM templates or PowerShell?)

I manage quite a few subscriptions, and I favour the same selection of portal features (in my "starred" left navigation bar) for most of them. A real pain-point is scrolling/scanning up and down that "starred/shortcut" menu for the icon I need.

I'd like to be able to script the menu and transfer it to my other subscription/directory login sessions.

I understand why each should be separate, but I'd like to be able to copy the selection and order of items to other logins. It would also be a big bonus if I can offer the template to a customer, once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Site Tour for the First Time logged in Users

I have been wondering if we can have a site tour for the first time logged in users. Most of the times users would know what to use and at the same time most of them don't know about the inbuilt features. So it would be always a good idea to develop a video on most of the topics like a Site tour Guide. This will improve customer Usage experience. I haven't noticed this but may be a sitemap might be available.
    Azure now is one of the best cloud computing technology hosting's. so it is always a good candidate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Offer a lightweight resource search page that supports Chrome custom search engines

I often find myself (1) without a browser tab open in the Portal and (2) wanting to jump to a resource and not wait for the portal to load.

Today, I open a bookmark to some portal page, which causes me to have to a heavy portal page I don't really care about just to use the search box.

I make good use of Chrome's custom search engines feature. This feature allows me to set up custom URL bar search keywords for favorite sites. For example, I can go to the URL bar, type a shortcut word (like "amazon"), hit…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unregitered functionality being greyed out

Some functionality is greyed out if certain permission is greyed out. How to know which permission grant has to be registered?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Portal subscription list only show domains where I have subscriptions...if no subscriptions then an option to filter it from my list.

The "new" portal shows all accounts I've ever worked with even if I'm not an active participate as an admin in any of those account's subscriptions. If I'm not active in an account's subscriptions it would be nice to be able to filter it out (either with a setting) or make that default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. internet explorer working on android for older activex web services

internet explorer working on android for older activex web services??

587/5000
    Sometimes we find dvr-type computers that only allow the connection by http and internet explorer to be configured with an ActiveX plugin.

There are an insane number of users of android, if you could allow the use of internet explorer in android you could get to visualize these equipments through a mobile device with andorid.

I've been trying for some time but it's almost impossible, I've already tried it with a windows phone with internet explorer, but it does not let the activex install, so you can never see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open portal link in new window

Add ability to open portal link in new window

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Feature Request] Add search option for storage account in portal

In many places in the portal when selecting a storage account you have no search option this means if you have many storage accounts like we do you need to scroll through a list of storage accounts to find the desired one.

One example of where this is the case is connecting an Log Analytics work space to a storage account. Another is when enabling diagnostics on some infrastructure components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. search by network/address

Search for networks or addresses.

If I go to virtual networks I can see all my networks. But I can't search any of them with the search bar. It would be great to be able to search for networks by address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to put current balance on the dashboard

View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to see my current balance on the dashboard and burn rate in a simple window. This is important information I like to check frequently. I should not have to go off the dashboard to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search should suggest related areas if no direct match

Firstly, IT Pro's don't think of "Recovery Services" they think of backup. So firstly, I think you should use industry terminology rather than "Microsoft speak".
    Secondly, if I type in "backup", can search suggest related areas like "Did you mean Recovery Services?" or "Best Match: Recovery Services"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a inteligent searchbox

When i started using a azure i had create a sql server and i after few minutes i forgot a login and passwor. And i had start looking for place where i can chanange or find my admin password or login and this take a 1hour.... Create a searchbox where i can type a useability for example admin password

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base