Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. wildcard filter

I'd desperately love to use wildcards (* or %) when searching or filtering through Devices, Users, or other objects in the Azure portal for our tenant. We have thousands of computers, and there is limited filtering available based on string characters from the beginning of a machine or user name, but enabling use of wildcards in the search box would be incredibly helpful. (e.g. tons of machines named "BuildingRoom-123", "BuildingRoom-456", etc. could all be returned using "BuildingRoom-*" or "BuildingRoom-%" in the search box...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Advanced capability of sorting favorites (in left panel in Azure Portal)

Customizable favorite panel (left favorite menu within Azure Portal);
    - Enable Grouping favorites (max one "folder" deep)
    - Sorting favorites (within groups) in alphabetical order
    - Capability to add a divider line

For example you can create sectors like
    - Security / Monitoring
    - Networking
    - Compute
    - Storage
    - IAAS
    - PAAS
    - SAAS
    - Billing
    - etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show VMSS instance IPs

The VMSS "Instances" and perhaps the "Overview" blades should show more information to be more useful. My prime example, which I have to look for multiple times a day is the IP address. There are other ways to obtain this, but none of them are as straightforward as it would be to open the VMSS in the portal, click on "Instances" and see the instance number and the IP addresses of the VMSS right there, where I'd expect them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter/Sort Option in VM Sizes selection option

While creating a VM, the step for choosing a VM Size will be easier if there was a filter or sort option.

Each time for creating a VM we need to scroll though the list to find the right one. Instead we can sort by price or filter the number or cores /ram would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. switch between users in Azure

As cloud service consultant I have to switch between a number of Azure accounts for different clients and between different instances for the same customer.
    Now I need to click "Sign out" in the right top corner. As this is universal Azure AD login used by a number of services clicking on "Sign out" signs me out from other services.

What would be great to have is the ability to just switch between all signed instances like in Windows where you do not need to log off but can just switch between users or log in with more than one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Context lost upon refresh

Today as you perform a browser refresh (F5) your context is lost. This is contributes to bad user experience as you're losing the context of your work.
    Would be much better if the full context was stored in the URL (# part) so it would be fully restored, making the context-based navigation more usable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the left hand navigation menu to be pinned

Currently the left hand navigation menu is automatically collapsed and accessible via the hamburger menu button.

I appreciate that this is to maximize window real estate for the blades but personally I find it extremely frustrating and a break in my workflow for it to auto-collapse.

Is it possible for this window to have a pin option ? So, people that like the auto-collapse behaviour retain it but people that want the menu to be in a permanently expanded state don't have to repeatedly click the hamburger.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Language translation #jgaj

Language translation used on texts and messages from every country can make communication just very easy.Imagine a chinese having text conversation with an indian.With just a simple click on the keyboard,every word will automatically be translated and the user will be the one to choose what language is more understandable by him/her.This would be a worldwide understanding.Pushing the limits of technology and evolution into future...

Jericho gil Alfonso #jgaj

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Request to add ability to create favorite menus on any blade.

Frequent changes in the Azure portal has been applied. That changes contains the move of menus. We sometimes provide demonstration to customers to get new opportunities. But unfortunately, "the change" applied right before the demonstration!!

Azure is Cloud environment so we cannot say "Don't change". But we actually failed in the contract because we couldn't operate Azure portal smoothly.... So we request you to add ability to create favorite menus on all blade. If you provide, we don't have time to search menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".

Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".
    More so with LiveId accounts that are used in multiple subscriptions.
    You will need good designers and information architects to sit through multiple sessions to come up with a suitable and clean ui flow. I used to think that Canonicals Jujucharms https://demo.jujucharms.com/ did a good job of it .. not so much now .. It is a hard problem to represent dense actionable information in a limited screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make column resizing more like Windows (i.e. predictable)

Right now it's a bit of whack-a-mole when you resize a column; other column names become partially obscured and/or arbitrarily resize, plus there is no way to just resize them all to fit (like CTRL++ in Windows Explorer)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Occasionally a vertical column opens but scrolls right

Using Chrome, I find that sometimes a new column opens but then the view scrolls to the right so that column is mostly off the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add dividers in the menu

When marking services as favorite, the left-hand menu can get crazy really fast. It would be nice to either customize the layout by being able to place custom dividers (thin horizontal lines, just like the favorites bar, but without a label, see attachment AzurePortal-Divider-CustomDivider.jpg)

Or group them by service (see AzurePortal-Divider-PerService.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add virtual tabs to the portal

Sometimes you want to have a few resources 'open' without having to open multiple actual browser tabs. Can we get some in-portal virtual tabs that could be spawned per resource?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Storage account services summary/filter

It is difficult to find out a blob/table/queue that you have created when you have many storage accounts and don't remember the storage account name. I have to navigate to each storage account and check each of the services. Also there is no filter on a storage account services. It would be nice to have a filter for blob/queue/table/files on the dashboard.
    Also just displaying the summary of service that is created in that particular storage account would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Undo the global filtering change made on 4/16.

The Change to global filtering made on 4/16 is very counter intuitive, and a pain to navigate for me with 100+ servers across multiple subscriptions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve search for DNS records

When searching for a record in a DNS zone with many records (+1000), it only searches in the "first page" - you have to press "Load more" multiple times before all the records are searched through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where to **** can i find and download my invoices?

Where to **** can I find and download my invoice?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Portal is really slow when using B2C tenant

We have two B2C tenants and both are painfully slow to navigate, 30 seconds+ to open a user profile and another 30 seconds+ to do operations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base