Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for comments or notes on resources

A text description on resources/things would be great for keeping track of what each resource/thing is.

413 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  52 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Designer tool

My Idea was to create a Azure Designer tool in the Azure portal which can enable Azure Engineers and Architects to design a Azure services as per customer requirements and convert them as a blue print or Archictect diagrams for customers or for implementations.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  44 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One portal for all Microsoft products i.e (azure+office365+intune)

This might be additional feature in the marketplace to connect intune, office365 or any other Microsoft product.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When selecting a location, how to save as DEFAULT.

When creating a new VM, I have to choose my location each time - eg. I choose 'South-East Australia' everytime.

It would be good to have this as a "Portal Setting"

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification should persist across browser refresh.

Notifications disappear from the list of notification on page refresh it seems. I would prefer dismissing them explicitly.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. show a graphic map of all resources i am using

see it all together:
    graphics map of all my resources,type,location,health,relations between each of them ,tip to relocate a resource to make it work better etc...
    like mssql diagram

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Todo tile, to guide me though action needed

Notification tells me about things that HAVE happened give me a place to tell me what I need TODO.

- System generated for things like Credit Card expiring, Cert Expiring etc.
    - Allow users to add TODO from Each Blade - For example Reminder to scale down after Promo ends on 12/15

Clicking on TODO should take them to where action can be performed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve how Azure reports that operations ended

During my work, I have noticed that many operations like updating, stopping or removing VMs are reported as completed before the requested changes have finished being applied. For example, if you remove a VM, the operation is reported as completed although disks need some extra time to be completely detached (and, thus, removed or reused).

That was one example but there are others. All these kinds of I-have-not-actually-finished-doing-the-work situations often break scripts. Manually implementing sleep-and-check code blocks is not a clean and safe option at all, because this is something that the API shoud offer.

Because all of this, we…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Visual representation of resource connectivity

A visual/graphical summary of how the different components of a solution, Compute, storage, networking etc fit together in a resource pool would help to visualize quickly how interaction of resources are configured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable QnA/Cognitive Services for natural language queries in portal

Would be incredibly nice to see features such as the natural language Q&A approach in PowerBI, where you could infer the following insights (both in Portal as well as API/CLI avenues):

1) Ask questions and receive suggestions or practices on how to deploy certain resources (e.g. "I'm looking to build a web app that's traffic/load balanced across multiple regions", and have suggestions and/or recommended ARM templates to complete the tasks)

2) Ask questions on how resources are performing, and show KPIs for Azure Monitor, with suggestions for better performance

3) Ask for details on cost analysis, with suggestions returned for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tags inherented

Please make it possible to inherent tags in Azure, for example the tags on a certain resource group automatically are inherented to all the resources in that resource group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to add generic links / url's to resources

The ability to add generic URLs with a label to any resource from the portal or Powershell. This is useful for linking to configuration documents, debugging procedures, external inventory systems, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base