Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tags inherented

Please make it possible to inherent tags in Azure, for example the tags on a certain resource group automatically are inherented to all the resources in that resource group

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show imported subscriptions and resources by default in global subscriptions filter.

When you import a subscription and it's resources from another Azure account it is deselected by default in the Global subscription filter. This should be checked by default when imported. Nobody wants to import a subscription they aren't going to manage.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Asset Container Blob search case-insensitive

For example, when using GUIDs as the identifiers for blobs, you can't filter/search using an upper-case string i.e. 51D198C1-A412-441D-9A89-F39292699508 cannot find blob 51d198c1-a412-441d-9a89-f39292699508

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. connection draining feature for App Gateway or LB

A feature like ‘connection draining’ in App Gateway or LB which allows existing connections on a VM NOT to be removed on an event of downscaling to execute those requests and not allowing new connections to this VM for a period of time and finally removing that VM?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow VM capture to cool storage

The VM capture in the portal should offer (as default) the option to store the captured data in the cheapest storage available (cool / archive)
    Since the backup is typically accessed on disasters (hopefully never) it makes no sense to pay the frequent access tier price for this data.
    I know that actually there is a blob format issue for vhds that use page blobs vs cool storage that use block blob , but I leave this conversion problems to your engineers, as a user what I want is an easy, frictionless service right in the portal, that backups my…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. approval process

For a larger POC environment to have an approval process - think Flow email Yes \ No email - on new resource creation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. provide readme.md to each resource overview page

We could forget what the resource is and why it is created.

GitHub provides good detail that it creates default ReadMe.md file to every repository and shows up as a basic description.

It would be good to provide similar functionality into the Overview page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What if we can have resource as drag and drop on to a whiteborad and mention the properties and relation with other resources

What if we can have resource dragged and dropped on to a whiteborad and mention the properties and relation with other resources, where by effectively creating a pipeline pictorially. Connections with direction depicting dependencies. Or we could upload our ARM template and have it visualized and when deployed we can see progress of resource getting created by having highlight around resource. Wouldn't that be something :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. routing

Allow User Defined Routing based on source subnet or TCP\UDP ports or service aka Source Based Routing. This would allow for traffic steering to ensure for example that only port 80 traffic went through the WAF appliance or only database traffic from a particular subnet goes through the IPS network appliance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Split Billing for Azure resources

Azure accounts that have credits from MSDN Subscriptions can only be used for Dev and Test environments. This disrupts the pipeline for being able to deploy a system from Dev, into Test and then swap into Production. You would need to have a second Azure account with a production license.
    Why not enable split billing so you can tag a resource in Azure as a production system, allowing it to be licensed, as well as billed from a credit card or other Azure credit. The Dev and Test resources would be billed from the MSDN credit as normal.
    This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Specify active hour for VMs, so they can auto hibernate

I have a few virtual machines in my account that are sparingly used and I know for sure that I only need it during the week days between 9-5. It would be nice if they was a way to configure an active or working hours for these Virtual machine (resource), That way I can manage my resource efficiently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Standardise the naming standard

When you are trying to have a decent naming standard it would be helpful if we could name WebApps and Storage accounts similarly such as dev-name-type rather than devnametype. I belive this would make the different azure services easier to manage.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Uploading a file to blob storage should set the Content-MD5 header

I'm using the header to compare blobs quickly (no malicious attackers) so need it to be there. It is when uploaded from my code or from Storage Explorer, but not from the portal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be a bulk delete option

We should be able to bulk delete resources even at the resource group level

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nickname Tiles for Dashboard

It'd be nice to nickname the tiles on the dashboard so I can quickly identify difference between similarly named services. For example: don't always want to look at them by their azure subdomain.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Password Protection to verify container delete

Include an option to "Password Protect" storage containers so that a user must enter the account password to verify the deletion of a container -- this will help prevent accidental deletes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to create/edit Azure email notifications

There should be a method within Azure managmenet portal that allows you to edit/configure/create Azure email notifications.

Here you can view default email notification templates i.e. Alerts.

You can then edit the email notification template to capture certain items to populate within the subject line or body of the email.

i.e. populate resource group, VNET server is under, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Suspend Resource Locks

It would be great if I could set a lock to "suspend" for a period of time. Today if I need to make changes with read-only or delete a sub component when delete is set, I have to remove the lock completely. That means I have to create a new lock and I have to remember to create a new lock when I am done. For shared resources I'm thinking of applying a lock for each consuming resource to avoid accidental deletion until all consumers have been disconnected. Re-establishing those locks is a pain but even a single lock I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option for deletion of related resources at time of deleting a resource

When someone deletes a resource (say a VM) he/she may want to delete all the resources that are being used by this current resource (like NICs, Public IPs, VNETs for the VM). If there is an option like a checklist, listing all the related resources and the user can select which resources to delete along with, it can be a real hassle-free experience for the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base