Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to manage subscriptions!!!!

like add, remove...

mine is disabled,

fine let me fix it.....?

Really now MS, your doing great but this annoyed the **** out of me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visual representation of resource connectivity

A visual/graphical summary of how the different components of a solution, Compute, storage, networking etc fit together in a resource pool would help to visualize quickly how interaction of resources are configured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resource dependency and reference

Looking forward to a feature (blade) in azure portal to list all dependent resources when we select a particular resource. For example, when i select a webapp, the reference blade should list all the resources(logic apps, function apps etc) that are calling this web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Show imported subscriptions and resources by default in global subscriptions filter.

When you import a subscription and it's resources from another Azure account it is deselected by default in the Global subscription filter. This should be checked by default when imported. Nobody wants to import a subscription they aren't going to manage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After selecting to create a resource from within a resource group, the resource group of said resource should default

After creating a new resource group, then entering the new resource group to create a new resource the resource group of the new resource should default to the newly created resource group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Impersonate users for Admin

I suggest that a "Impersonate" feature be added for portal administrators. Like in ServiceNow, this feature would allow an administrator to test the permissions/role granted to users within a group. This would allow the admin to see exactly what the user is sees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. export from browse blade

Today I tried to export the grid content of a browse blade to get a list of resources i'd filtered down to.

it appears to be impossible if the browse content scrolls. if I start selecting and scrolling, and scroll to the bottom, copy+paste only gets a subset of the data. there doesn't appear to be an easy way to export what I have visible.

I appear to have to copy what's on screen, paste, scroll, copy what's on screen, scroll, etc?

all I needed was the resource ids, but I had a heck of a time trying to do…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. instructions to query Azure portal extensions

PowerShell and REST APIs don't always provide all the information that's visible in Azure Portal. How to authenticate to and query Azure portal extensions? Eg check the state of password reset policies https://main.iam.ad.ext.azure.com/api/PasswordReset/PasswordResetPolicies
    Wasn't able to use bearer token from management.core.windows.net ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. multiple security groups per NIC

Usually, the way RBAC stuff like this works (including the way it works in AWS) is a pretty simple matter of:
    - mapping entities (in *nix, it'd be users, in this context it's NICs) to lists of roles (groups in *nix, security groups in a networking context)
    - mapping roles to lists of capabilities (in *nix, members of group "x" can open file "y", in a networking context members of security group "x" can accept inbound web traffic from host "z")

The system is default-deny, because whitelisting is also a basic component of security, and the entity has the union…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable NIC hot add for VM.

It would be great if we have an option to add new NIC for existing VM when the VM is running.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allowed IP addresses for VM/Network endpoints should have a description/name to make mangement easier

With the old (classic) VMs when you added an allowed inbound/outbound IP address range you could give each range a name/description. This made managing the list of allowed IP addresses much easier without having to maintain this information elsewhere you could see who/what had access.

With the new VMs this has become much harder at the network level as you have to enter a comma delimited list in a single text field.

Can we have the list of endpoints along with descriptions back again please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. option to remove/terminate older instances in VMSS

Right now VM with highest ID's are removed from VMSS in an event of downscaling but an option to remove older instances first rather than latest/newer instances will be more helpful.

Suppose a VMSS has 10 VM’s and I do an up-scale to total 20 VM’s. What happens is 10 new instances are added ad total count of VM’s in the VMSS goes to 20 (10 older and 10 newly added).And then I decide to downscale back to old state 10, the latest 10 VM’s are deleted first and this is not I want. A feature to choose which VM’s…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. connection draining feature for App Gateway or LB

A feature like ‘connection draining’ in App Gateway or LB which allows existing connections on a VM NOT to be removed on an event of downscaling to execute those requests and not allowing new connections to this VM for a period of time and finally removing that VM?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unified Identity Management

Getting a handle on our expenses, the different related MSFT sites, and the current spend is impossible. Each month I have to log in to several different sites (with different credentials) to collect information. Some subscriptions aren't available in the portal. Logging in is a mystery. Live.com? Outlook.com? Microsoftonline.com, and redirections between those 3 depending upon what kind of credentials I log in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft makes it too easy to delete production VM's, Storage and Infrastructure

This can be a catastrophic event if backups are not made.
    A secondary account holder should be contacted before the VM's, resource managers and storage are deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moving resources from a zero-credit subscription to a new one

Currently, if a resource is associated to a subscription whose credit goes to zero, it's not possible to assign the resource to a new subscription with non-zero credit. Please make it possible! Often I cannot refund the zero-credit old subscription, but I have credit in another one, but I cannot move it because Azure says "Current subscription is disabled". Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. approval process

For a larger POC environment to have an approval process - think Flow email Yes \ No email - on new resource creation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. speed up operation process

I am working as Devops Engineer. Most of our clients were using AWS, and as part of evaluation of Azure, I am going through your services I can see that your api calls ( settings change, VM provision etc) take more time than convenience time slot. Is this delay depends on subscription package?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transfer subscription from one id to another id

It will be great if one resource in company moving out and his/her subscription can be given to some other resource in that company. This will be useful if the people are working within a project. This removes the additional overhead of creating new subscriptions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Es

There should be estimated monthly cost shown beside each resource. When i created a server and deleted it, the SSD was not deleted, and i didnt know about that. If there is cost beside each resource, we would be able to check what is making the cost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base