Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Validate resource move without moving

Would like to have the option to validate a resource move (resource group and subscription) without actually moving the resources. This would allow us to troubleshoot any validation error preemptively and thus minimize the service window needed when moving resources.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show resource Id in the azure portal too

Show the azure resource id of all the resources in the properties tab for all the resources. Many users are reluctant to run scripts and should be able to see the resource id directly in the UI.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. rename resources without the need of deallocating them.

Currently resources can't be renamed unless redeployed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide Rename option to all resources,

If Azure will provide the rename/edit option to resources, that's good feature. because if any infrastructure changes need then we can't do that, again we have to create new resource with new resource name.please provide option to edit r modify the resource names

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Limit what's visible in the portal based on RM policies

Currently, the Azure portal shows all available resources and all available regions. It would be great if we can curate what's visible in the portal based ARM policies. For instance, if I have a policy that limits what regions I can provision my resources into, the portal should only show the allowable resources. Currently, the user won't know there's a restriction until they try to provision something outside of an allowable region. This causes user frustration, confusion, and most importantly, time.

Other use cases:
    If I restrict access to only compute, networking, and storage service providers, those should be the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use a standard menu for all resource features and config

Make sure all features and configuration options for a resource are available via a single, standardized menu. Use the blade for monitoring and the menu for everything else. Everything should be easy to find and navigate to from that menu and it should be rendered as a complete list at once -- do not update the menu after it's been rendered (that causes accidental mis-clicks because the menu jumps around).

(This was created based on common feedback we've heard in this area. Please feel free to add comments to help us plan and implement this in the best way possible…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a short description ("info") for each resource

For example: I don't know the difference between "Virtual Machines (classic)" & "Virtual Machines".

I think a brief description next to the title could help me to understand what means each resource, even before creating one of them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. share deep link to resource in portal

linking to a resource to track and include resource details with development in Visual Studio Online.
    primarily to have convenient way for SCRUM and teams to access important details about their environment for dev, break/fix, and reviews.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Always On should be improved

The Always On feature in App Services is designed to prevent IIS from sleeping by continually pinging the web endpoint. This works by sending a request to the app service endpoint, port 80, root path (/) but in several scenarios, this doesn't work. 1) If the service is https only 2) If traffic manager is protecting the sites, then TM pings it anyway and always on will instead route via TM and possibly not do what it should do. 3) If the root path is not available (e.g. one of my WCF services doesn't have anything at the root) then…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include part numbers in VM lists to allow for mataching to pricelists.

Include part numbers in VM lists to allow for matching to pricelists.

I find the names used in the portal don't always match the names used within the price sheets so data matching is a manual process. An example being Basic_A4 in the portal but it is called Basic.A4 in the price list. There are lots of examples like this. Using the part number is definitive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add drag-and-drop support for moving Azure Resources

It would be really cool, if a user could drag-and drop a Resource from one Resource Group into a different Resource Group. This is a very natural action that a user might perform with their mouse, and it would be great if it "just worked."

Here is how I would envision the user workflow to occur:

1. Open the Resource Group list blade
    2. Click on the source Resource Group, to open its blade
    3. In the list of Resources, click and drag a Resource (multi-select should also work)
    4. The Portal detects that you're trying to move a Resource(s),…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to delete all unused resource groups in the new portal

I have lots of unused resource groups from experimenting with different resources. Now, I need to delete them one by one which is a tedious process.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need better and easier capability to delete (clean up) a set of related resources

I have been demo'ing azure quite regularly to customers and while it is really simple to provision something like a vm, it is painful to delete afterwards as there are a number of additional components created like resource groups and storage accounts etc that all need to be deleted manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to Sort Azure Devices by Column

The Device List in Azure does not have any capability for sorting by column. Seems like this should be an easy no-brain feature. Currently I have to copy and paste to Excel just to sort by column...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hierarchical Visualizer for all Resource Groups and all dependencies (deployments)

Would be great to sea all dependencies of all deployed resources in a global manner.
    You can select one storage account and get a tree of all dependencies or
    you select a resource group and ALL dependencies of nested resources.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow renaming of Resources and VMs within Azure IaaS

Not being able to simply rename a Resource Group or any Azure IaaS item such as a VM or Network is very frustrating. This needs to be allowed in order to Administrate Azure properly,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sorting option while selecting VM Size

When choosing size option for VM, sorting options should be there like
    Sort By Price,
    Sort By CPU,
    Sort by Memory,etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nested Resource Groups

Nested Resource Group can be useful.
    In case of deployments and providing access to specific people to help the same, nested Resource Groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create an NSG Tags for Azure IP Addresses on Internet, that will help a great deal.

While creating NSG's Azure Datacenter IP ranges would be nice to be present as NSG Tags, just like 'Internet', 'VirtualNetwork' or 'AzureLoadBalancer' Tags.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base