How can the Azure portal be improved?

Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Diego Saal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Soyeluddin Biswas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the dashboard the resources are appearing and showing only the name of the resource type. If you could put a small text , what is the resource(such as VNET, Load balancer) , then it would be a understandable

• Rayan Albouni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the user should be able to add captions for the dashboard tiles
    in this way the dashboard will be more useful to monitoring resources

• Laurence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now it's basically useless as it shows no information at all about what the dashboard item is, just a picture of a monitor.

• Laurence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I don't understand why this was removed, that use to be the default that the status was shown in the bottom left of the dashboard item and the name of the VM was in the top left...

• Laurent Lavigne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tiles could show useful information.
    - Billing tile: show the total budget, or select which subscription you're showing. I have 4 subscriptions and only the old one is showing in the tile.
    - VM tile: show the activity of the VM, allowing to identify idle VM and nuk'em. When the tile is large, show more info to identify VM that are under/overpowered, maybe with a color scheme: yellow when reaching 50% capacity etc...
    - Marketplace, when the tile is large, add a pull down menu of my own images/favorite images I can rapidly VM-launch.
    etc...

Feedback and Knowledge Base