How can the Azure portal be improved?

Be able to reconfigure a failed deployment and relaunch it

Sometimes, a deployment fails for different reasons: bad parametering, inappropriate context or runtime error (quite often in this stage of the portal and API). It would be very useful to be able to reopen the workflow from a deployment (the UI worlflow, if it was made via UI). Then it could be reconfigured and relaunched, starting a new deployment.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marius shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminAzure portal team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

You can now redeploy failed deployments from the deployment details blade. Go to the resource group you tried to deploy to, select Deployments in Settings, pick your deployment and click the Redeploy command at the top of the blade. Enjoy and let us know if there’s anything else we can do to improve your experience!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to deploy a configured clustergroup in hdinsight?
        Button doesn't work if deployment failed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, this would help. I have had SEVERAL operations fail over the last few days. Never really know why, so then I have to start from SCRATCH. You should save all the settings, cached away somewhere, then have the ability to pull them back up if the deployment fails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a VM and joining it to an existing group or network, there are possibilities with regard to resource conflicts. In these cases the VM will fail to get created, and an error will be sent via the notification system. But where is the ability to take a failed VM setup, EDIT the settings that caused the failure and re-initialize the creation? As far as I can see, I need to start from scratch. Poor UI design flow.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful since we can't seem to create an empty database.

Feedback and Knowledge Base