How can the Azure portal be improved?

Consistent Status Column

In the old Portal, there was a "status" column under "All Items". In the new Portal, "Browse > All Items" does not have one, nor an option to add it. If you drill down into specific areas (Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Cloud Services, etc.), some have a "status" column while others do not. It would be nice to have the "status" column show up consistently in all areas, and to have it in "Browse > All Items" to make it easier to see what's running and what's idle / stopped. Thank you!

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Pegg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shivakumar.Erangala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all

i would like to post my idea which will help to make sure to Turn Off the resources... In the main Dashboard there should be an option to check status of the resources, just like the Classic portal, I am not suggesting because of I am habituated , but when ever admin logs in or logs out, that All Resources Window/Blade will help him understand , what are all the Resources are running and which resources are stopped, so that ,he can perform the task accordingly.

For example: If admins forgets to stop a VM in office and after reaching home as well , he just log in and work on his own work, thinking that VM is already Shut down, and next day in office he wanted to spin up the VM and then he notices that , its already RUNNING and he was billed for that.

If VM or other resources status is provided on All Resources Blade, that will really help to make sure, we can check the status at single window and we can make sure Turn Off all the resources which are not needed.

Thank you

Shivakumar.Erangala

• Mohan Rao Theeda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

provide status like as tick and cross for the resource which is running or stopped In the dashboard - all resources, that will help to show as how many resources are running and stopped at one time without checking individual resource

• André Melancia [MCT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the portal, include a "All ACTIVE services" list, so that anyone can see, on the fly, all active/running/deployed services which incur in charges.
    Without this, it's currently impossible to see all services that are running (it was possible in the "All Items" option on the old manage site).

• Hans Peder Houe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding the new portal design, I am missing the opportunity to see the status column of items. Earlier this was possible to choose, in the new design this has been removed.

• Henk de Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the old icons in the Status column (animating Starting..., green check marks on Running ,etc.)

This way you can see in one glance what's going on with the VMs

• daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the "status" column in the old management portal and the possibility to start/stop/shutdown/etc. the services in the "all resources" view.
    Please add a column "status" and enable to start and stop services.
    Would be nice to see the status and start/stop buttons in the tiles on the dashboard, too.

• daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the "status" column in the old management portal and the possibility to start/stop/shutdown/etc. the services in the "all resources" view.
    Please add a column "status" and enable to start and stop services.
    Would be nice to see the status and start/stop buttons in the tiles on the dashboard, too.

• Fares Zekri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding resources status column (online, active, offline ...) in the resources list would be extremely helpful to filter on the diffrent resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base