How can the Azure portal be improved?

Allow us to set the date format on the portal.

Allow us to change the date format. Since not everybody in the world likes using US dates :)

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin Irving commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to this: Date format in Intune "All Devices" report does not match user selection in portal Regional Format

• Martin Meixger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In storage account the date is displayed as "awful American formatted date time" even if i selected German locale.

2015-01-30 "We are working to enable this feature in the near future".

4 years later ... ???

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that for me - A UK based user - even with regional settings set as English UK i get those awful American formatted date time.

My first rule whatever I do cloud wise is only look at Azure if nobody else does it cost effectively

• Fabio Franco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually already done. Under portal settings (little gear icon on top right corner).

• AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We are working to enable this feature in the near future" 30th January 2015!

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

has it been done yet? I am still unable to change the date format

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be sorted. Paid-for Microsoft products should demonstrate the best software principles, such as localization options.

• Boozy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel we should ***** the US and whatever other country format, let's go ISO and do yyyy-MM-dd and use the internet default it already is, then quibble later about customizing it for whatever stupid country -- or not, and just oblige everyone to accept yyyy-MM-dd.
    10/08/1971 is confusing internationally but 1971-10-08 never is (I feel).
    Purely from sorting text alphabetically and logical thinking like "place value" this is a no-brainer.

• RaviKumar Dorairaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello Azure team, do we have a new feature/setting to support this request? I believe its a great idea for the user community to see the date time in local time zone indicated by the browser.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been under review for edging in three years. The mm/DD/yyyy format is US specific, the rest of the world has a variety of formats - usually starting with the day, rather than the month.

The implications of reading the day incorrectly can have massive impacts on businesses where decisions are made about deployments and versions.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance this fix is near to completion? mm/DD/yyyy has never been a useful date format for any product that has a worldwide user base. If you must choose one date format that cannot be changed, the only option is yyyy-MM-dd, as you have done in the API versioning in ARM templates. Please at minimum fix all dates displayed in Azure to this format. There is quite a difference between 8th of October and 10th of August...

• YMMV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the best option actually is to allow the user to construct their preferred date option à la excel custom formats.
    The next best is to allow to choose from a number of predetermined formats.
    The least preferred is getting the date format based on user location, if your user location does not happen to have the default format you'd like to work with, it's of no use.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base