How can the Azure portal be improved?

One portal for all Microsoft products i.e (azure+office365+intune)

This might be additional feature in the marketplace to connect intune, office365 or any other Microsoft product.

195 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gísli Guðmundsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't up vote enough. Microsoft needs one location for a volume, Azure, O365 etc. licensing. They have also had the most confusing licensing of any vendor.

• Tim Tanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS has had years to finish the new portal - having two is just plain confusing. It's time for a single portal. PLEASE!

• Tim Mayville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just me or, has anyone else noticed that nearly all Business Critical core tools required more third-party Flash, JAVA and or any other external low level “common language” to the detrimental extent that nothing seems to work correctly anymore.

Gone are the days of just opening the products Admin tools and being able to work – no, now you have to have an outdated JAVA or flash version, held in place without updates so you can conduct the business needed in the tool provided.

Microsoft has .NET Framework, yet uses Flash, JAVA and or Silver Light, then fights its own browsers and server security model to in effect, cause a problem that didn't need more help. - To tell the truth, the tools and portals are beginning to look like an EMC or DELL product.

Move all the portals together and in a common-language that doesn't need a helper.

• Jos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add this functionality, it is so unlogical and counterintuitive to users to have a seperate MyApps for Azure, Office 365, Intune, devicebased appstore and possibly SCCM.

• Ahmed Refaat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the full functionality of VS Team Services (Backlog and Sprint boards, Work item wizards and querying, Code Search and Test, Build & Release management etc) available in the new portal in addition to the new UI extensibility features and dashboards to allow custom blades and tiles etc.

This would also serve to have an even deeper and more seamless integration between Azure resources and VS artifacts.

• Rakesh Upadhyay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much Appreciated.

We should have one portal to access all MS online services. Currently its very difficult to access multiple services with different portals.

Thanks .

Too many URL's associated with Azure to work with.

Up to now to manage my Azure resources I have been using the two URL’s listed below with my workplace Active Directory Username & Password through Federated Services.

https://manage.windowsazure.com
    OR
    https://portal.azure.com/

However I have found that I can only get to my billing information by using https://ea.azure.com and selecting Use a Microsoft Account. Confusingly all I have to do is click the Sign In button and without supplying a Username and Password I get logged in to the billing portal.

Why can’t there be just one URL to access Azure for managing resources and billing information?

It's unnecessarily complicated.

Regards

• Ascanio Vitali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have only one portal to manage Azure and not two different portal with different functionality.

• Angie Ragan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had a portal, so when I logged on, I could access all of my items in 1 window, instead of having to log onto 3 different sites to access Premier Support, Volume Licensing and now Azure.

NO, NO, NO, Noone from the preview portal team should ever touch anything else again!!
    Imagine what the next version of Excel will lokk like if these guys will design the GUI??

• Bryan Reisner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a much welcomed change. One pane of class for Intune, Azure and 365 would greatly simplify management of these integrated services.

• Brage Haugen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use CRM online, office 365, TFS online, VLSC online, and are working on porting all on prem servers to Azure.

One place to manage alle of this would be a huge plus. As of today it sucks...

• Jono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be grate if I could mange Office 365 Subscriptions from the azure portal.

Being abel to make multiple subscriptions and assign them different billing accounts would be grate!!

clicking a Office 365 tile, would take me to the management for that 'account'... + with the when Azure AD is added, this will be epic for service providers.

This would mean we could "resale" and mange Office 365 Subscriptions like google doers with there google apps reseller portal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base