How can the Azure portal be improved?

Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Horizon_Net shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Alan Parr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to manage a number of different environments and would like to be able to leave a few rows/columns free between their to better differentiate them. As the tiles tend to have such little information on them, this is really important for ensuring I'm looking at the right resource!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you move tiles about on the portal screen it will generally snap the tile to the left most position on the screen (sort of like auto-arrange in windows). It would be nice to be able to just place the tiles and where and not have them move.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There allow me to have a spacer in portal layout. At the moment it just snaps back to get rid of the space.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has been using application insights on the portal to track our corporate website. The portal originally allowed us to maximize the app insights blade and customize the 'parts' on the grid however we wanted. It allowed us an easy way to make awesome status dashboards.

However, a recent change to portal forced all the 'parts' into categories that are a set width (4 cells) wide. It took the awesome experience and essentially killed it.

We can't make the awesome dashboard-like page we originally had, and now its a hassle to look through the analytic data, which was the main reason we used app insights in the first place.

If you needed to take away the ability to build an awesome dashboard you could have at least made the new organization look decent. Now regardless of blade size its a big cluster mess of 'parts'

Feedback and Knowledge Base