How can the Azure portal be improved?

Notification should persist across browser refresh.

Notifications disappear from the list of notification on page refresh it seems. I would prefer dismissing them explicitly.

55 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christopher Scrosati shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is super annoying that if I've missed something, there is no way to find it again....

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.. a notification appeared .. i clicked on it.. started reading it.. then the whole page refreshed.. and the notification that I was reading disappeared.. I've spent 5 min trying to find it again and I cant. very annoying.

• Todd Chittenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much agreed. AND they should persist through a browser close/crash. I had notifications I was actively working on and Azure said 'we've made a change and need to re-open the portal but don't worry, all you work is saved.' Apparently, that did not include my notifications. I should be able to dismiss them individually, or as groups ("Clear all Green Checks" or similar).

• Lars Kemmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer having the option to do so, and then also to be able to browse the full history. I'm not sure if the 'Audit Log' link does that, but if so it should probably say something like 'View Notification History'.
    It would be really handy to be able to get rid of notifications that I don't really care about, so I can keep working and maintain a sort of self-filtered history of recent tasks that are related to what I'm doing. That's primarily what makes me want to dismiss notifications.

• astaykov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Playing around with the portal. Had some notifications (~10). Refresh the portal. Notifications are gone. I'd like to have access to the notifications at any time. and If I want, I can delete them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base