Selection of VM generation option greyed out for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image
When we try to click on + Create a resource and click on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image to deploy the VM, gen2 option in Advances tab is greyed out.
However if we follow below steps its allowing to select the option.
• Sign in to the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com
• Select + Create a resource and search for “Ubuntu Server” as shown in the screenshot below
• In the next screen, select Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS and click on create option
• In next subsequent screens please provide the details based on your requirement
• Click on Advanced tab and select Gen 2 as VM generation
• Next review and create the VM
If we select the image under popular section then gen2 option greyed out. Please find attached screenshots for reference.