How can the Azure portal be improved?

Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time I try to edit either I only see the 24 hour chart. I have tried removing both and re-adding, but when adding the second one it just resets to the first one.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neil G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is BUG that has been introduced in the last 15-20 days. I have been affected badly by this. I have just been testing a single chart with a single metric using Metrics blade and pin to dashboard. The change to the chart I make is to add and remove splitting then update chart on dashboard. the update only works if timerange is 24 hours and automatic granularity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base