How can the Azure portal be improved?

enable the "Support Request Contributor" role to be scope at the resource group level for opening premier tickets.

Currently we are operating in a shared subscription model where each app team is assigned specific resource group(s) and their access is scoped at this level. For them to open premier tickets from ARM, they have to be added as Support Request Contributor at the subscription level.
This enables visibility to all resource groups in the subscription and impacts the experience of the user. The complaints I have received are "Now I have to search for my resource group" and "I thought we had our own subscription"

The concept of resource groups is great but loses value when users have to be added to the subscription level

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sebastian Lilienthal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please solve this. Having to add Support Request Contributor Role on a Subscription Level is a real Pain. I am forced to share all the Resource Group Information with external Partners that support us just on one Resource Group.

• Geert Cools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this behavior be changed in the future?
    Or is it possible to work around the need to give the users access on the subscription level?

Feedback and Knowledge Base