How can the Azure portal be improved?

Search, sort and filter option needed. Much like Excel spreadsheet style auto filtering

I see hundreds of resources when click on all resources. Need ability to auto filter on type and the sort on various columns

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Subhransu Sahoo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have done a lot of improvement on sorting and filtering aspect of “All resources” and tried to add most common filters on UI.

Are there any specifics you are looking for where we can Improve more on Sorting\Filtering on All resources?

Thanks,
Portal Team

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Kidney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure Active Directory groups all need filtering! We have a User - License group with 300+ members that we have to trawl through when removing a member who has left the company. Not geared up for PowerShell just yet so would like the UI to be improved to speed up basic Admin tasks. Filtering/Sort A to Z should be an easy option on all menus.

• William McKenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The entire problem with the dashboard can be summed up in the inability to save anything. It does not matter how many features you add. If it takes me 5 minutes to get things looking just right every single time I use the dashboard, I will never use it. Why even put the 'pin' on the dashboard. I completely ignores everything you've done to put a compressed, unfiltered, unsorted tile on the dashboard.

• Ed Quillen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree things are much better nowadays. A few ideas for improvement:

-allow sorting/filtering on all columns instead of just the default set (for example, if you add Operating System for Virtual Machines, it should be sortable and also filterable)

-Not sure if the UI team can control this but adding lots more (if not all) columns/attributes for the Edit Columns selection in all screens

-When a value or set of values are selected in the filter dropdowns, have the filtering happen automatically if possible. Now you have to click somewhere in empty space or the refresh button to activate the filter. I have seen this trip up a few new users.

-Make selected columns and column sizes persistent (and resetable) across sessions

Thanks!
    Ed

• Jeremy Janda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much better. Thank you. It is a bit buggy if you apply a filter and then edit the columns, but it is recoverable.

• Jeremy Janda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The data I want is present, but I cannot sort or filter most of it. Take some guidance from Service Now on how powerful the ability to filter and sort data can be for us.

• oscar garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All resources is too crowded. Add a filter based on the selected columns not just the names. This can allow us to focus on a particular resource group, service plan, type etc. This enable agents to focus on their specific managed items.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote here for filtering on any column. An example where I wanted to filter today was on the "Kind" (v2.0 vs. v12.0) while looking at all SQL servers across all subscriptions.

• Amit Hegde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For all the grids that show data, please add a filter textbox at the top so that it becomes easy to search

• Tim Schaeps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed the search on the new (html) portal and started using it right away. Unfortunately, it only really filters on the name column. Values in other columns jut get a line under them. But that is not the idea... It would be great that (just as (eg) in excel) filters can be applied to the columns. The ones that will benefit the most (according to me) are location, subscription and status...

And to give you a use case: suppose that I am a co-admin on 5 azure accounts, then it would be great to see only the subscriptions for a given account by using such a filter.

Feedback and Knowledge Base