How can the Azure portal be improved?

List of ALL the subscriptions associated to my User Login.

Currently the portal shows in the "Subscriptions" section only the subscription associated to the Directory (AAD) that is selected by default. I have several subscriptions associated to several directories.

228 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WL shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely should be able to capture more than one subscription within a tenant, rather than just one....

• AS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran into the same problem over REST API. It will only display the subscriptions for the currently set default directory.

Get-AzureRmSubscription does list everything so for the time being I need to blend the two together.

• Gelande Strasse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Popular request? It should be a FUNDAMENTAL OFFERING. Right now, I'm trying to get into another subscription, and find no easy way to do so- AT ALL.

• Jonathan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Generally an admin has access to multiple subscriptions under different accounts. For example, I am a consultant, so have my own for Azure, plus Office 365. Then I normally have access to my current client's Azure account, and they normally have Office 365 too. It's frustrating....

Visual Studio works quite well now, were you can register all your Azure and or TFS accounts and it allows the appropriate one to be selected for the job in hand.

• Justin Triplett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple subscriptions and expect to have even more in the future related to different clients. Currently when I switch directories using the user menu on the top-right it usually forces me to login again but autofills my email address incorrectly.

It would really be great to be able to switch between the subscriptions more easily or even just be able to see all my resources at once.

• Brian Lacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to me as well; it's very frustrating that I can't manage all my subscriptions in one place on the new portal!

• Vidya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed to avoid user confusion in identifying subscriptions and resources associated with each one of them.

• Conti12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recommend you try Ahsay Software (http://www.ahsay.com). Ahsay?? Backup Software is an advanced disk-to-disk-to-disk (D2D2D) backup solution for Businesses and MSPs / VARs. It comes with the most comprehensive features that can fulfill all the on-premises backup, online backup, offsite backup, and cloud backup needs of nowadays businesses. At the same time, it is the most affordable backup solution available in the market. So just try it guys...

• Sam Vanhoutte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, this is my top number 1 feature request! Especially since it's very unpredictable how subscriptions get added to directories... There should be an option indeed to have an "all tenants" selection box (or to use checkboxes for the directories)

• Sam Vanhoutte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree that it becomes very cumbersome to manage multiple subscriptions
    i want to see all my accounts in one view

• Scott Arbeit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure what the motivation was to go with the one-account-at-a-time view, but if that's absolutely necessary for some back-end reason that I don't understand, could we at least get to choose which account comes up by default? Right now I happen to be working inside of a different account than the one that the new code has chosen as my default, so the first thing I have to do every time I log in to the Portal is change my subscription. It's just two clicks, but, still... it's unnecessary, and I can't imagine how the Portal UX team thought this was an improvement. Thanks!

• Benjamin Gibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What were MS thinking when they made this changed! trying to manage multiple subscriptions is now almost impossible! #NoHappy

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base