How can the Azure portal be improved?

Use a standard menu for all resource features and config

Make sure all features and configuration options for a resource are available via a single, standardized menu. Use the blade for monitoring and the menu for everything else. Everything should be easy to find and navigate to from that menu and it should be rendered as a complete list at once -- do not update the menu after it's been rendered (that causes accidental mis-clicks because the menu jumps around).

(This was created based on common feedback we've heard in this area. Please feel free to add comments to help us plan and implement this in the best way possible for you.)

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAzure portal team (Product Manager, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jurijs Kovzels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick start constantly appears 2 seconds later in the blade making the UI jerky and lead so selection of wrong options.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The concept of the UI is not necessarily a bad idea - the metro approach is a good idea. The implmentaton is poor though.

things are more difficult to find in the new UI. For example - web apps > deployments... current UI very clear user navigation, easy to understand, intuitive - the new UI I still haven't found them!

Perhaps they are not there?

• Helmut Herglotz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I would like to suggest to add another howto in your FAQ section for "How to connect to my VM", that's the first place I would look for that.

• Helmut Herglotz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already earlier it was extremely difficult and only with research possible to find the right FTP credentials by finding at a glance, and then download an XML file, opening it and reading the credentials out of there.

Today I logged in and didn't find that download button anymore. I wasn't able to find the credentials on the new portal either.

I believe that a lot of users will have the need to share upload/download files with their VMs, an FTP access is probably one of the first things people are looking for, right after SSH.

Feedback and Knowledge Base