How can the Azure portal be improved?

Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Selch Dahl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J37 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please sort the Dashboard drop down ? The order is currently random. This is very annoying when you have many of them.

• Tjones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Default dashboard was removed, now showing "Dashboard not found - We could not load the dashboard named '(numbers and letters)'. Refresh the portal to try again."

Set default dashboard feature definitely required.

• sanjeev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yupe, i deleted the default dashboard and getting error message as soon as i login to system. :( I think either there should be 'Delete' button to delete Default dashboard or add feature to 'Set Default Dashboard'.

• AT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I played around with Dashboard JSON and in my experimentation, I deleted the original one and created a new one with the same name. Now every time I log in, it complains that the dashboard was not found. I have to manually select the one from the dropdown. I would qualify it as a defect.

• Erik Byrwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still under review? Currently a user can delete the default dashboard but not assign a new default. This means a user gets an error message upon logging in, which isn't ideal.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah - this would be good to select and set a default (shared) dashboard.

Feedback and Knowledge Base