How can the Azure portal be improved?

Filter Item Wildcards For Easier Search Capabilities

When looking at a long list of several resources (all resources or items within a resource group) with long naming conventions there is no easy way to search/filter what you are looking for without spelling out the beginning of the resource.

It would be convenient to type: %item%prod% to be able to gather all resources containing that specific "item" and in "prod".
i.e. itemeus1storageprod1

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Panneton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sharif Mohamedhoesein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this step backwards? I have over 1500 users now in the cloud and can't filter *.country or something. What a dissapointment again from Microsoft.

• Eric Hardenburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have many groups that have similar middle or end pieces ...Sales... or ...Managers
    It would be great to have basic wildcard support in the filters.

• Daniel Restelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anywhere there is a text field to allow us to filter results, wildcards should be supported. We have thousands of AAD groups but can only find one if we know exactly how the group name begins. We need to be able to use a regex or other type of wildcard.

• Antony Gibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen to this. As a line of business, we have over 70 subscriptions. As an organisation, we have over 120. Naming standards change over time, and to search across all of them (not forgetting tags) in a list view is impossible (we need to use PowerShell for most filtering due to the improved capabilities). Support for '?' and '*' to allow any character matching and wildcard searching mid-string, i.e.: 'Bob? Fett' would match 'Boba Fett' and Bobb Fett', but not 'Bobaa Fett' or 'Bob Fett', and 'a*z' would match 'az', 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz', but would not match 'aza'.

Olus I can't seem to plus 3 this Grrr...

Feedback and Knowledge Base