How can the Azure portal be improved?

Improve Portal Performance

The Azure Portal performance is horribly slow! The blades take too much time to load and keep moving back and forward while loading. Switching from one "Blade Flow" to another take about half a minute of loading time.

I know there is already an issue similar to this in this User Voice, however someone from Microsoft marked the task as Completed. Clearly this is not completed or fixed. Our whole company is adopting Microsoft Azure and this is the number one complaint that I have. I can also help replicate it if need be, but I am sure it is very easily replicable. You can even see Russinovich webcast and feel how laggy the portal is: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/azure-stack/webcast/

147 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christopher Demicoli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

This is something we’re still actively working on. It has a been a big area of investment and it still is moving forward. We keep investing in performance, both from a client and server side perspective.

We have a few things coming in the near future which should help address some of the initial UI performance issues. We’re also heavily engaged with all of our partners driving a broad effort to improve performance across the portal for all experiences.

If you have any specific areas which are causing pain please feel free to reach out to me or comment and state if we can contact you, it would be great to understand the common pain points.

Cheers,
Sean.

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Colin Mierowsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the UI and the new multiple dashboards, but it is so painfully slow that at times it is unusable, especially when editing dashboards.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Business dont have time for your explenations, business moves to AWS, who want spend half of time for load data?

• Chris Libby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is extremely slow.. blades constantly time out or don't load completely.. panes take forever to render or timeout. Sometimes, after waiting 5-10 minutes for a blade to load, you will get the 'your session timed out click here to reload' so you have to start all over again and causes me great rage. Ironically, it doesn't even work in IE for me anymore... I have to use Chrome. In IE, icons & modules won't load. Why can't you all get this right??????

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The portal looks like an application for ipad! UX/UI is not good for administrators, simplify, make it faster and traditional UX/UI.

the new portal is so slow!! and difficult to use!! Please make things simple and more practical. AWS portal is much more easy to understand. We dont need fancy colors and transitions and everything moving while clicking.

I cant event delete multiple things at same time, and i have to click wait until the blades transition load everything to be able to delete or do anything

• Tzur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your portal is just horrible compared to Google or Amazon's.
    It takes large amounts of time to load information (I'm on a 1GB Network) and most of the time errors are raised with 'unable to read subscription' which resolves itself after numerous refreshes.

Also,
    Why can't we delete an empty active directory using the portal?
    There are NO users, NO applications (except Office 365 API which were not added by us) and still we can't delete with the error "remove applications" but there's no way to remove the office 365 API.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
    We're a software and consulting company, and we will NOT recommend Azure to our clients.

• Ankit Sud (Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi folks,

We are working hard and performance is one of our major benchmarks we measure success against. If you have any specific experiences you thought were too slow, do let us know.

Trying to log support incidents through the portal is painful because it is so slow. "..." is all to familiar on my tiles.

• Ahmed M. Abo Tameem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new portal is so slow and more complicated than the old one
    I am using Azure from 2 years ago the new portal need a lot of support from your side and it's not ready to be the default Portal now

• Sergio D. Vicente commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O Novo Portal Azure é bonito, mas não é bom para gerencias um grande número de assinaturas. Demora muito para carregar qualquer informação e faltam algumas funcionalidades.
    Algumas configurações e aplicativos criadas no Portal Antigo não são atualizadas no Novo Portal.
    Até agora a maior vantagem é a administração de usuários do Azure com varios niveis de acesso.

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The portal is painfully slow to use. Make the UI simpler, faster and more responsive.

having to type names of items to remove or delete is too slow and clumsy. Making a new VM was a far better experience in the prior version also.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base