How can the Azure portal be improved?

Export to CSV function for list/table views in new portal

Ideally all table/list views in the portal should be exportable to CSV. Other missing table/list features are more important (sorting/filtering) but exporting is very useful as well.

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed Quillen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • I like AWS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks nice... but is not enabled on "Virtual Machines", there we can have information about OS, IP, size.. a lot more.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have spent 3 hours today in Azure CLI trying to accomplish what should be the most simplest, basic task of getting a list of VMs into a file. Just simply trying to list all VMs (of certain OS type like Linux), showing the Name (host name), Resource Group name, and private IP address. Wow!!!!

But i cannot export the List of Key vaults and its resource type under each subscription... Any options ???

• Kenneth Bohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like such a basic feature. I'm surprised it doesn't already exist. I would really love to be able to export a full list of table data from the portal into .csv or any other format really.

It is really tough to simply dump a view into CSV file, for example, when looking at a list of people in Active Directory. A simple export button would be very useful.

• Istvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it as well and additionally would love if Azure should show the powershell (or other) script to product the same output as I see on the portal. This feature is available on some product, found on Veritas Volume Manager UI at first around 20 years ago and very powerful for automate and speed the automation.

• Frans Rots commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This enhancement will be very useful to provide information to persons that do not have access to Azure themselves

• Sri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature. This is a simple request but it is very effective when we use it.

• Jeff King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't even easily copy/paste the data from the tables since it tries to generate fields as you scroll down the list of VM's. I have to copy that which is available, paste to Excel then scroll down, wait for the field data to render, copy/paste again, and on and on. What a PITA!

I see that download is available on the Subscriptions and would think adding download to the list views would also be enabled.

We have a very large azure environment and if would be extremely helpful to export data from the portal view to excel. For example I want to export all Classic VMs or all storage accounts in a Subscription to excel.
    Basically an export function within the portal to export the data listed and columns.
    It is time consuming to write a PS script for every possible export one might need.

• MWDJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for a way to export all VM's with the size and other attributes as a table but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base