Add drag-and-drop support for moving Azure Resources
It would be really cool, if a user could drag-and drop a Resource from one Resource Group into a different Resource Group. This is a very natural action that a user might perform with their mouse, and it would be great if it "just worked."
Here is how I would envision the user workflow to occur:
- Open the Resource Group list blade
- Click on the source Resource Group, to open its blade
- In the list of Resources, click and drag a Resource (multi-select should also work)
- The Portal detects that you're trying to move a Resource(s), so it automatically scrolls back over to the Resource Group list.
- Drop the Resource(s) onto the destination Resource Group
We can definitely look into this.
Trevor Sullivan [MVP] commented
Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my step by step suggestion.
Today, when you open a Resource Group blade, you would potentially do so using the blade that simply lists Resource Groups. When you click on a [source] Resource Group, the Resource Group blade would open, but you'd still have the list of Resource Groups open, to the left.
That would enable you to drag resource(s) from the "source" Resource Group, to a different "destination" Resource Group on the Resource Group list blade, that you started with.
Where can I post a video to demonstrate what I'm after?