Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup"

Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup". That would be easier for us to manage the resources

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

triaged  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change regional format Svenska (Finland) to Finnish

Since Finland has not been under Swedish rule after 1808, could you also acknowledge this fact and let the people of Finland have their own regional format?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. virtual machine list export to csv

When we go to All resources we can see Export to CSV button on top menu so that all the resources can be downloaded easily.

When we go to Virtual Machine there is no such functionality available.
    There are lots of scripting needs to be done to achieve this and also previously we use to be able to copy and paste it into excel and it used to copy all the columns which we've selected. But that too isn't working now.

Can you please give us the functionality to export the VM details into CSV

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Add Norwegian as regional format in portal settings

Today the Azure portal has support for 3 different Swedish Regional formats (Svenska) but none for Norwegian.

I'm Norwegian and it's frustrating that I can't select a Norwegian regional format in the portal settings. I'm currently using English which has the same date format, but not the same 24-hour clock, so I have to struggle with AM-PM all day long in AppInsights etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to download End to End Transaction chart with events in Azure Portal

It would be really helpful if we allows users to download the end to end transaction chart with series of events in Azure portal. Right now it is read only and only wait to get it printed is through Analytics screen, but from there we will loose the visualization which shows time division by events,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

6. wildcard filter

I'd desperately love to use wildcards (* or %) when searching or filtering through Devices, Users, or other objects in the Azure portal for our tenant. We have thousands of computers, and there is limited filtering available based on string characters from the beginning of a machine or user name, but enabling use of wildcards in the search box would be incredibly helpful. (e.g. tons of machines named "BuildingRoom-123", "BuildingRoom-456", etc. could all be returned using "BuildingRoom-*" or "BuildingRoom-%" in the search box...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. Ability to add dividers in the menu

When marking services as favorite, the left-hand menu can get crazy really fast. It would be nice to either customize the layout by being able to place custom dividers (thin horizontal lines, just like the favorites bar, but without a label, see attachment AzurePortal-Divider-CustomDivider.jpg)

Or group them by service (see AzurePortal-Divider-PerService.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. Dashboard not showing data for various metrics.

When I make my own dashboards, some data points do not display. For example, Failed requests for an Api. If I look at the api metrics directly I can see the failed requests, if I add them as a metric on a dashboard module, they show zero.

I've tried changing the graph type and other things but I never see data on Failed Requests, Exceptions, Server Exceptions, etc. I can however see some data on other hings like Requests and Users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. Couldnt setup a custom domain for the preview version of the developer portal.

It will be very helpful if we can setup a custom domain for the preview version of the developer portal. Now, we don't see it in the custom domain drop down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11. Allow for more verbose sorting in new portal lists

At present you are not able to sort by all columns in the new Azure portal. For instance if you are in the Network Interface blade you can only sort by Resource Group, not by IP/Subnet, not by vNet or VM attached too. Can this be changed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Default Resource Group Selections

In the Azure Portal, I have two subscriptions, each with a large number of resource groups, because I work for a large company. Out of about 30 resource groups, I personally only use three in my account most of the time. It would be really nice if I could have a default filter that only shows me resources from those certain resource groups. This would ideally work just like how we have the ability to filter for what subscriptions we want to view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Double-click to change background feature should be configurable

The feature might be liked by some, but for me is a headache. It's either bugging out from time to time, or I manage to double click unintentionally and everything changes.

I understand that some people like the feature but for me the color theme is a way to know in which tenant\subscription I'm at and that tends to be important when you work in multiple simultaneously.

Can you add a settings in the configuration whether this feature to be on or off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Azure Policy: Override a deny policy according to user identity

Azure policy does not discriminate who is the current user when applying a deny effect, if the resource created does not comply with a policy it will be rejected at validation.

We have some cases where it would be more practical to be able to consciously override the policy at resource creation, then right after it create an exclusion for this resource. Typically, these are cases where the resource creator is a super-admin and knows its job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the template to be downloaded from the portal even if validation or policy fails

Currently, when creating a resource in the portal, if template validation fails (for example, due to an Azure Policy Deny rule, or lack of permissions to a related resource), the link to download the template is not provided. Teams who do not have a mature CI/CD pipeline will often use the portal to generate a basic template that they can use. Validation/Policy errors should not block the ability to download said template, especially considering that the user may know what the fix is and need to make that fix within the template itself because there's no way to do it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want more theme of Azure Portal we can chose.

Currently, we can chose 4 theme for Azure Portal.
    But, my organization have 6 tenants and I want each tenant have independent color. For this purpose, I want more themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add sort capability to all columns

I can't believe Azure Portal doesn't allowed you to sort snapshots by date or by size. Same thing for disks and other resources. Please add sort capability to all columns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Pluralsight into azure portal

Video tutorials would help users go a long way quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base