Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup"

Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup". That would be easier for us to manage the resources

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

triaged  ·  9 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create custom guides in the Azure Quickstart Center for my organization

Being able to create custom guides that are interactive in the Azure Quicsktart Center for my organization or as an MSP

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Change regional format Svenska (Finland) to Finnish

Since Finland has not been under Swedish rule after 1808, could you also acknowledge this fact and let the people of Finland have their own regional format?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. Alert Profile for multiple subscriptions

Like many Azure users, I have access and monitor several subscriptions. Recently MS introduced the new Alert framework. But to use it, I need to create Action Groups and Rules, under EACH AND EVERY subscriptions. This is "DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT" and breaks basic rules on Database Normal Form, namely, DUPLICATE DATA.

Why not tie the Action Rule (or Action Group) to an Azure Account PROFILE and make it available to ALL the subscriptions that the Account has access to?

Now, if I need to edit my email address or phone number, or otherwise change how I get Azure Alerts,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

6. Dashboard reader role in Azure porta;

I am requesting for a dashboard reader role in Azure portal. We create a lot of dashboards based on Azure metrics or app insights. We share these dashboards with groups like help desk. We are currently adding the help desk group as a reader in the resource group. If there is a dashboard reader, that would be better preferred so we don't have provide read access which would allow the group to see more than what they are supposed to see.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

7. Add Norwegian as regional format in portal settings

Today the Azure portal has support for 3 different Swedish Regional formats (Svenska) but none for Norwegian.

I'm Norwegian and it's frustrating that I can't select a Norwegian regional format in the portal settings. I'm currently using English which has the same date format, but not the same 24-hour clock, so I have to struggle with AM-PM all day long in AppInsights etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Function: Export resource group as terraform file.

It should be possible to export a current resource group deployment as a terraform file, azure cli statements or azure powershell statements.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expand search features to include Computer Name field

Expand the search features to include the Computer Name field.

Virtual machine naming standards may change down the road causing a mismatch from the originally created Azure Virtual Machine name. Allowing for searches to include the option of Computer Name, will allow for quicker discovery.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Dashboard not showing data for various metrics.

When I make my own dashboards, some data points do not display. For example, Failed requests for an Api. If I look at the api metrics directly I can see the failed requests, if I add them as a metric on a dashboard module, they show zero.

I've tried changing the graph type and other things but I never see data on Failed Requests, Exceptions, Server Exceptions, etc. I can however see some data on other hings like Requests and Users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Custom Tile in Azure Dashboard

Creating custom tile and importing external data will improve the Azure board experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resource dependency and reference

Looking forward to a feature (blade) in azure portal to list all dependent resources when we select a particular resource. For example, when i select a webapp, the reference blade should list all the resources(logic apps, function apps etc) that are calling this web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. HDI cluster with custom application displays wrong ssh command

If you create HDI cluster with a custom application, it will be displayed also as SSH endpoint. But generated ssh command is wrong. It is including ":22" together with hostname, and ssh will fail to parse it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. allow not operator when searching azure ad sign-ins log by location

I would like a way to search the azure ad sign-ins log for locations NOT = US (or any other country). Currently, there is not a way to do this. I need to search on each non-US country code individually (i.e. IN, RO, MX, GB, etc), and there are many. Allowing the use of the not operator would allow me to see this information with a single search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. GUI Designer for Azure looks like ProfiBricks

I want to create a azure infrastructur with a drag & drop designer looks like visio. there is a german cloud provider he have this tool

You can see a demo here
    https://dcd.ionos.com/latest/?testDrive=true&regDomain=ionos.de&lang=de

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

20. On each section of the portal have code to generate the same options programmatically

While there are several different approaches to programmatically create the different options for the different features, it'll be super productive if on each section on top of creating the different actions (resources, etc.) we could also have the option to use some type of code to do the same programmatically, this way we would not spend time trying to find the matching SDK, PowerShell, etc. to do the same thing.

For example when creating a Shared Access Policy (or anything else) have a link that says Code and then select the tool you want to use (SDK, PowerShell, etc.) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base