Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup"

Azure should have a option to rename the "ResourceGroup". That would be easier for us to manage the resources

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow again to use of the mouse to drag panels

A few months ago the panels could be moved by dragging the Mouse horizontally. Now this is not possible with any browser and to be able to move in a normal PC, you have to make use of the horizontal Scroll bar. This is very frustrating and very slow when using the portal daily

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to modify Tag tiles on dashboard.

I'd like to propose an option to customize Tag tiles as now it is not very descriptive. The ability to change default layout of "key: value" with Single Name, and change the icon to one of the standard icons as: VM, NIC, etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shortcuts

Shortcuts navigation tip: Some of the current shortcuts are very problematic. Example: Switch Tasks (A), Show Dashboard (D), etc. Whenever you open a Blade that has a focus on an input box (like adding or searching resources), you can't use a single character shortcuts. Perhaps those global ones should be used with a CTRL key?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Folks,

We have been working on improving the keyboard navigation across portal and have done progress in this area.

If you are looking for more of such specific shortcuts that might improve the usability further, please more create ideas and vote them to help us improve.

Looking forward to getting more feedback from you.

Thanks,
    Portal Team

5. UI needs work

Tiles and Blades are ok, but they have to work. Make sure I can arrange tiles where I want and adjust their size (windows phone or better yet like PowerBI). As blades open, I auto scroll to the right and have to manually scroll back, keep me centered. I know this is designed for touch, but really? How many sys admins sit at a touch screen monitor.

Give me a mobile app to turn off VMs, especially important when hosting dev in Azure... unexpected usage can kill project deliverables when credit runs out!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. QRCode control

I am trying to add a QRCode to an Ibiza blade and I am running into a lot of issues. I cannot use a third party library to dynamically create one because we are running in an iFrame and because it requires direct DOM manipulation or querying. There should be a built in control where you can pass in the text that should be encoded into the code.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. session timeout

The Azure management portal does not have session time out settings. That means, when user has logged into management portal and leaves the browser page untouched (idle) even for few hours and then gets back in, the session still stays active (without getting logged out or asking the user to re-login) which is a security concern. Is this an existing bug ? If so please get it fixed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Start with the list like the old portal. I don't care about the tiles, I'm working not playing on a tablet

I don't care about tiles. They're valid for some users, but not for developers who are trying to get work done.

Case in point. I'm ready to pay you money for a domain name for my azure web site. I cannot do it! There is not tile the says "Domain Names". Of course, I can't find a simple thing like that in the list, but at least I can go down the list and see what my options are. In the tiles, nothing is lined up, and it looks like my 8 year old dropped a pile of playing cards.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In addition to search, add a long list of Quick Actions

ties into search, but might be...

VIP Swaps
    Table Explorer
    ACS
    Find Billing
    List Subscription ID's
    And whatever the other top 500 most common actions are.

Take a hint from Control Panel search in Windows. There are a thousand options, let me find and get to them quick.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the left hand navigation menu to be pinned

Currently the left hand navigation menu is automatically collapsed and accessible via the hamburger menu button.

I appreciate that this is to maximize window real estate for the blades but personally I find it extremely frustrating and a break in my workflow for it to auto-collapse.

Is it possible for this window to have a pin option ? So, people that like the auto-collapse behaviour retain it but people that want the menu to be in a permanently expanded state don't have to repeatedly click the hamburger.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Portal menu (left hand navigation menu) can be pinned open via a user customisation in the global settings.

Click the ‘settings cog’ icon in the top right of portal and look for the ‘Choose your default mode for the portal menu’ option. Setting that to ‘docked’ will pin open the left menu.

11. small notepad

would be nice to have a small notepad on my dashboard so that I can keep notes or logs of activities.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be possible using the Markdown tile. To get to the markdown tile, go to your dashboard and click ‘edit dashboard’. On the left of the screen you will see the Tile gallery, from there ensure the ‘Find tiles by’ is selected to General then you can drag and drop the tile labelled markdown on to your dashboard.

You can configure that tile to display any markdown you desire, text, images, videos etc…

Thanks.

12. Revert Back to Old Azure Portal

The new Azure Portal is terrible. Every time I try to use it I leave in frustration of NEVER being able to find what I'm looking for. In the original portal everything was very intuitive and easy to find. Unfortunately I can't even say it's one or two things that don't work. It's literally everything. The hidden menu's, the pop-outs, the tiles. All of it. What was the need for the re-design in the first place?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Classic portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To provide a single, streamlined experience for Azure portal users, we have deprecated the old (classic) azure portal and working on constantly improving the new azure portal.

If you have any specific feedback\ideas feel free to open new ideas here.

Looking forward to hear more feedback from you to help us improve.

Thanks,
    Portal Team

13. change your portal ui to be more like Amazons

Your new portal is clunky and buggy, the only browser it seems work with without crashing, is Chrome.

We Admins like clean and simple interfaces, Amazon's portal is much easier to navigate and doesnt crash the browser

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how to permently delete disable/ deleted subscription from azure portal

how to permently delete disable/ deleted subscription from azure portal. It to much bored for me. nor I like this.

please solve my problem.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow people to deactivate their account and remove payment information.

I can't believe there is no option for me to remove my payment information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prominent "Delete my account" option

Make it easy for us to delete our credit card info, name, address, account when we want to do that.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Find out why subscription was removed

I had a subscription via dreamspark and then next moment it dissapeared and I can't register anymore with my edu address and I get "You already used your one DreamSpark or you are not eligible for it"

I can't even log a ticket to find out why. Any ideas?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. when signed into account A, log out and sign in to account B, account A still shows in portal

Although this shows as completed in another report, it is not.

I have (gack!) 3 accounts -- a "Personal Microsoft Account" me@business.com, a "Workplace" Microsoft Account me@business.com and a "Personal Microsoft Account" me@hotmail.com.

My MSDN Azure subscription was previously associated with me@hotmail.com. If I am logged in with my "Personal" me@business.com and visit the portal, it displays me@business.com. I then click log out and choose me@hotmail.com. the Portal reloads and displays me@business.com.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that. Please reopen the ask if this still happen for you?

Also we have added feature where you can sign into multiple accounts in same browser without needing to open browsers in private modes.

Let us know if you have any feedback.

Thanks,
    Portal team

19. Portal not working on Chrome 54 (latest)

Chrome just self updated (Version 54.0.2840.71 m) and in the azure portal I see only the first row in every table

If I inspect the HTML all rows are there but they are not visible (except the first one)

I've tried clearing out the cache completely and starting fresh in an incognito session, to no avail

Downloaded Chrome 53 and the issue disappeared. Problem is Chrome doesn't really allow downgrading: I need to run Chrome 53 as a standalone exe... a bit annoying

I'm on Win10 latest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Folks,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and also for delay in response.

However, let us know if you still face the issue on chrome or any borwser and do provide your valuable feedback.

Also make sure you have the latest versions of the browsers for the portal to work at its best. Here is the list of all browsers: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/azure-portal-supported-browsers-devices

Looking forward to getting more feedback from you.

Thanks,
    Portal team

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base