Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for comments or notes on resources

A text description on resources/things would be great for keeping track of what each resource/thing is.

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  38 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open source the portal/blade/tech

Love the new UI. Would also love to use it in my own projects....

340 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Designer tool

My Idea was to create a Azure Designer tool in the Azure portal which can enable Azure Engineers and Architects to design a Azure services as per customer requirements and convert them as a blue print or Archictect diagrams for customers or for implementations.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  41 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One portal for all Microsoft products i.e (azure+office365+intune)

This might be additional feature in the marketplace to connect intune, office365 or any other Microsoft product.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Refresh button in each blade

Provide a refresh button/option in each blade.
    Scenario i found this need: provisioning a SharePoint farm. In the process of Azure assets creation, when i look at the resource group blade, i need to hit F5 to see the process of different VMs, cloud services etc being created.

Not high level priority but can be useful.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  15 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fullscreen Query String Option on Dashboards

Allow a query string option for invoking full screen on a dashboard. This would be used to automate the display of full screen dashboards in a rotating manner.

The current implementation of "Fullscreen" allows for a user to click a button to invoke full screen. However, in automation systems that rotate screens the option is lost and not easily invoked. Please add an additional option to automatically invoke via query string similar to Power BI and other services.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  14 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow us to set the date format on the portal.

Allow us to change the date format. Since not everybody in the world likes using US dates :)

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When selecting a location, how to save as DEFAULT.

When creating a new VM, I have to choose my location each time - eg. I choose 'South-East Australia' everytime.

It would be good to have this as a "Portal Setting"

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  12 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification should persist across browser refresh.

Notifications disappear from the list of notification on page refresh it seems. I would prefer dismissing them explicitly.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Consistent Status Column

In the old Portal, there was a "status" column under "All Items". In the new Portal, "Browse > All Items" does not have one, nor an option to add it. If you drill down into specific areas (Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Cloud Services, etc.), some have a "status" column while others do not. It would be nice to have the "status" column show up consistently in all areas, and to have it in "Browse > All Items" to make it easier to see what's running and what's idle / stopped. Thank you!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  9 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customize color of metric graphs pinned to Dashboard

We use multiple dashboards extensively on large walled displays for operational center-like monitoring of key diagnostics to visualize servers and services.

The latest improvement to Azure Monitor and the metric graphs that are pinned to a dashboard are a great improvement, but the color-scheme of the chart lines and the legend of performance counters are now making harder to see key information.

Please add support to customize the color of each series line in a chart and also to customize the text of the series in the legend to be more legible.

Refer to the attached screenshot of a portion…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh button for Azure dashboard

At present there is no way to refresh a table for eg. a table showing containers in a particular storage. I ran my script to add containers to a storage. Now I have to refresh the whole page to check is it was created or not. Same is the case with instances and most of the tables.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. show a graphic map of all resources i am using

see it all together:
    graphics map of all my resources,type,location,health,relations between each of them ,tip to relocate a resource to make it work better etc...
    like mssql diagram

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Todo tile, to guide me though action needed

Notification tells me about things that HAVE happened give me a place to tell me what I need TODO.

- System generated for things like Credit Card expiring, Cert Expiring etc.
    - Allow users to add TODO from Each Blade - For example Reminder to scale down after Promo ends on 12/15

Clicking on TODO should take them to where action can be performed

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto logout after period of inactivity

Create option to auto-logout from portal after period (configurable) of inactivity.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a way to do custom reports for Azure Services Tiles

We have to do many reports (daily, weekly) to send to other teams and customers.
    For example, we need to generate a report to show the capacity of all the Storage Accounts, also its availability etc ... Right now we have to go to each STA, filter by dates, capture a screenshot of those tiles, compose a Powerpoint and send it through mail.
    It would be great to have Azure to have a "reporting" module to compose custom reports instead of all this manual process.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Friendly Alias Names

Allow resources to have a friendly alias name inside the portal. Obviously it will not be used to access the resource, it will just make the portal easier to navigate. Also would only need to be unique to the one portal or subscription.

I don't mind if my Database is called fdstrdfs but let me find it by Product SQL Server...etc

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base