Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of ALL the subscriptions associated to my User Login.

Currently the portal shows in the "Subscriptions" section only the subscription associated to the Directory (AAD) that is selected by default. I have several subscriptions associated to several directories.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Merge Resource Groups

As an azure user I would like the ability to select two or more resource groups in the portal and select merge which would result in all the groups being consolidated into one. One of the selected resource groups would be selected as the "target" group and all other groups would be removed.

This would be a faster version of the delete and consolidate option I've also posted.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow pinned tile configuration to include label customization

Customization options for pinned tiles are limited to size. In order to help create a more task-drive friendly environment, allowing renaming of tiles would be very helpful. For instance rather that have 4 tiles say "Site Settings" for my sites, allow me to label them so I can distinguish them.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where is contextual help?

Where is contextual help? In current version of Azure portal there is a very rich contextual help. Please do not remove it.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reduce the browser memory footprint, and elimnate the memory leaks.

There seem to be some rather significant memory leaks in the Portal Dashboard. I've made the mistake of leaving it running overnight a few times, and the browser process working memory use, with the portal being the only browser tab open is often in excess of 1.5 GB. This is with no tiles open. In a few cases, I could not unlock the computer and had to reach across the network to kill the iexplore.exe process before I could gain local access.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter Item Wildcards For Easier Search Capabilities

When looking at a long list of several resources (all resources or items within a resource group) with long naming conventions there is no easy way to search/filter what you are looking for without spelling out the beginning of the resource.

It would be convenient to type: %item%prod% to be able to gather all resources containing that specific "item" and in "prod".
    i.e. itemeus1storageprod1

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to have Portal Notifications as Destop Notifications

Option to have Notifications, like a successful deploy or failed deploy, as a desktop notification.

This would allow you to leave the portal and do other tasks while waiting for e.g. a large deploy. When the deployment is done you will see the notification on the desktop, while having the portal web page open in the background.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restrict access to Portal by IP address

I have heard that many customers want to configure so that administrators can access to Azure management portal from defined IP address ranges.

I saw the following feedback, but it's actually ip address restriction for "MFA".
    http://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-preview-portal/suggestions/2297513-restrict-access-to-portal-by-ip-or-rsa-securid
    I want simple restriction capability for management portal access by IP address.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Tags Searchable in portal

Allow tags to be searchable in the portal just like you are able to for any other resource. Right now the only option to see what resources have tag is via the Tags blade. Being able to search would be very helpful.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create tree view in Portal for subscriptions, resource groups and resources

I'd like an easy way to quickly explore my deployed Azure services using a tree view like the left hand pane in Windows Explorer.
    I would expect the tree view to start at my current top level. By which I mean if I can see multiple subs then that would be the first layer of the tree, then resource groups, then resources.
    Clicking a resource will open the blade for that resource.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UI for Resource Policy Management and Policy Aware for resource creation in portal

Azure Resource Policy is a great feature for enterprise customers to enforce their resources in a compliant state. However, there is no user interface to view policy definitions and assignments in a given scope. Also, the UI don't respect policy at all but only give an error after the deployment is submitted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Portal ARM Templates (Preview)

Direct GitHub access from within Azure Portal for downloading/uploading or synchronizing ARM templates between Azure Portal and GitHub.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow scrolling the multiple blades that are open using the mouse scroll wheel.

When there is multiple blades/panes open and the horizontal scroll bar shows up, it woule be good if we can scroll from left to right using the vertical mouse scroll wheel.

If the blade/pane under the cursor has content that needs to be vertically scrolled, vertical scroll has the priority, once it reaches the limit, then scroll horizontally depending on the direction.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limit what's visible in the portal based on RM policies

Currently, the Azure portal shows all available resources and all available regions. It would be great if we can curate what's visible in the portal based ARM policies. For instance, if I have a policy that limits what regions I can provision my resources into, the portal should only show the allowable resources. Currently, the user won't know there's a restriction until they try to provision something outside of an allowable region. This causes user frustration, confusion, and most importantly, time.

Other use cases:
    If I restrict access to only compute, networking, and storage service providers, those should be the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base