Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Icons pinned to dashboard are too similar

The icons displayed within the tiles pinned to the dashboard (e.g. Search Service, App Service etc.) are too similar, so it is quite hard to see which is which.

Icons need to be more different and possible also coloured differently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. blades minimize automatically

when creating new resources I find the 'new resource selector' and then the create blades are in the way once I have selected the type of resource and determined to create it.
    I always find myself minimizing those two places over and over again to see the resource group or other previous blade for names and to help me fill out the fields more accurately.
    in the screenshot I have the 2 I mention minimized.
    It would be so helpful to automatically minimize certain blades as you traverse to the next blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More prominently feature service types in addition to icons

Icons are used throughout, which is great. We all love icons. What I recommend, however, is that the icons are used WITH accompanying text somehow. For example, in the "all resources" blade, I click on a server and it opens the corresponding blade and shrinks the "all resources" blade so the "Type" column disappears. In the now-shrinked "All resources" blade, I have no idea which service is of which type unless I memorize all the similar-looking icons. I have special trouble with a SQL server vs a SQL database. Which is which? Nobody knows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clicking and dragging a tile on the home screen should invoke customization mode.

When I click and drag a tile on the Azure Ibiza Portal, I should automatically be put into customization mode, OR, the tile should simply move where I drag it to, without entering the full customization mode. I'm not sure which implementation would be more practical, but I feel as if something should happen. Right now, it only selects text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Dashboard Tiles Icon Size Configuration Option

In the config options for the tile, add the ability to increase icon size to fill more of the available space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link resources were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

Link resources (like mysql databases) were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. progress bar location

The progress bar of any activity is shown under the alerts bell menu. I think it should be put down together with the action notification banner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When creating a new resource, each resource should have an info badge to learn more about that resource

A Mobile, Logic, or Web app for instance. If you want to learn more, if you have to open a new page and look around for the information yourself. Provide easy links on each resource to find out more, not just configure/set up a new instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Irv,

Thanks for your feedbak1
    There should be a location name at the top of the Service Health page after you drill in.

Is your main feedback regarding the fact that clicking on the icon on the map does not lead you to the selected location’s page directly?

Thanks,
    Thao

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base