Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to browse for existing resources when entering parameters in Resource Group Template

It would be nice to allow browsing for an existing network/subnet (in different resource groups) or storage account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 min video explaining new features

I was quite familiar with the management portal. But in the new portal, there are terms like "Resource Groups" and "App Service Plan" that I don't understand. I'd rather see one of those snazzy 3 min. videos to explain it than click through bubbles. I'm a Dev, Not a Sys Admin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. endless loop journeys

Azure Portal continues on and on when you clicking on resources (endless loop journeys). Surely it should know that the blade to the left is the one it’s trying to open and just go there?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow dragging and dropping files into a website

It would be nice if there were a part that I could drag and drop files from my desktop directly into an Ibiza website.

Currently the only way I've found to quickly add files is to add them to my local repo and push, or to use the command line tool with curl or pipes to write files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Associate an image to a resource group

I work for a consulting firm and we use resource groups to group items together for a particular project. It would be helpful to be able to associate an image or a graphic to a resource group to quickly distinguish them from each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. able to pin any item or vm to the dashboard

able to pin any item or vm to the dashboard and also live tiles e.g to be able to see the vm on the tile running for example you could see it installing an program

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to integrate OMS solutions with Azure Dashboard

Hey Guys,

This is great thing that OMS portal is migrating within Azure portal but I am little excited about OMS dashboard, what if we can add solutions which we have enabled in log analytics with Azure dashboard and that would be great place to monitor all in one view . Currently I can't see the any log analytic solution that integrated with Dashboard view. Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Destroying created resources in case of template deployment fails

This is about template deployment. If it fails because of some error then it must destroy the components of that deployment. This is not the case at this moment. It is creating VCN, Storage, NSG, RSG and so on but failed while creating VMs. I can see rest of the resources in cloud except VMs. In my opinion this should not be the case. If everything goes well then all resources must get create or else none of it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base