Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "what is Azure?" button.

I don't even know what Azure is. Just happened to find the link looking for virtual machine information and logged in with my Microsoft account. Nothing here describes what Azure is or does, or I can't find it.
    So, add some "about statement" or "quick start guide" under the question mark button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure portal and igoogle

Could azure portal work just like google portal where i can import form my emails or go through emails such as Hotmail or Gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

All resources section should have a way to filter items based on resource type and also should have a sorting function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. guided navigation , such as CREATE VM, ENTER DNS, CREATE ENDPOINT, DEPLOY WEB etc. scenario based. hard to to find for new bies like me :P

guided navigation , such as CREATE VM, ENTER DNS, CREATE ENDPOINT, DEPLOY WEB etc. scenario based. hard to to find for new bies like me :P

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show headers and body for failed requests

It will be very helpfull to see the headers and/or body of failed requests in the 'Failed Request Details' section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to view a list of resources grouped by columns values

When browsing resources in "All Resources" or by any other resource types it would be great to have the ability to view the list of resources grouped by columns values. It can be only one group, no need to have complex multi-field grouping here.

A typical scenario would be this one: I have already filtered 4 subscriptions out of 30+ and I want to group resources by subscription, resource group or even resource type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide Screen Resolution 1024 x 768

Does not work well at 1024x768.

I'm a developer and this is my standard Customer resolution to provide readable screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. after showing notifications, view should not return to homepage

When I click a notification, the notification blade is showed and when I close it, the context where I was working is lost.
    Ex: in VM (classic) blade I decide to start a VM, the notification shows me an error, I click the notification, read the error message and then close the notification blade. At this point the home page is shown instead of the blades I had previously. Would it be possible to show the notification blade on the right? or perhaps, next to the blade I'm currently using?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make button positions on blades consistent (put them all at the top)

Most blades have their action buttons in the blue area at the top, but many blades also have "Ok" buttons at the bottom. This is a pain in the keester to have to go back and forth getting thrown. Even many "Save" buttons are in the blue area at the top of the blade. Just put all buttons at the top ... it would make using the portal much faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable a "Folder"-type tile

We are an organization that creates a lot of webservices and storage accounts, and all. And it currently is a mess to navigate between all the webservices and their respective add-ons.
    Why should a webservice and one of its add-ons should be 2 separate tiles on the dashboard ? And to make navigation easier, why couldn't we create "Folders" in the dashboard to help organizing our numerous tiles ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please provide additional columns for the "All Resources" View

I'd like to see the following columns:
    1. Pricing Tier
    2. Current Billing - how much the service has incurred to date
    3. Status - running, stopped, etc.
    4. Clients - number of latest active clients

Other improvements:

• Provide a "short name" or alias for the subscription name.

• Be able to sort the services in the "All Resources" view - sort by name, service started date, cost, # clients, etc.

• Use icons to indicate service health and cost

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display VM status during it's creating

Currently, I create VM in new portal (Ibiza) is only view "Creating VM" status, can't know VM status changes during creation process. I need to view status from "Browse" and view virtual machine to get. So I recommend display deployment status in VM creation process to help me to confirm VM status quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Translations to nl-NL are inconsistent (and wrong)

(see attachments) In the 'virtual machines' blade, the actions in the top bar are all verbs, except for 'Start'. In nl-NL this should be 'Starten'.
    Maybe 'Opnieuw starten' should be 'Opnieuw opstarten', see the remarks below.

In attachment '1' the right-click options for a new (resource model) virtual machine are shown. The option 'Beginnen' should be 'Starten', or at least be the same as in the top bar. The second remark is that here 'Opnieuw opstarten' is used in favor of 'Opnieuw starten'.

In attachment '2' the right-click options for a classic virtual machine are shown. The option 'Starten' its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I

Include an option such "How do I?" for any portal user to quickly ask a question or search for a task he wants to achieve or discover. Search and documentation is great but ability to know "How do I" do something will be great for newbies who are getting "Azure Comfortable".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorrect links on the Home > Connections page

Hyperlinks on the Connections landing page are incorrect.

"Learn more about ExpressRoute" -> points to the VPN gateway page
    "Learn more about VPN Gateway" -> points to the ExpressRoute page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provisioning server sets first NIC as primary NIC

Hi -
    I run into limitation if I want to add a NIC to an existing VM. The error code is that I have to assign a primary NIC before adding a secondary. My wish is that upon creation of VM via portal that the NIC associated with the vm is automatically created as primary. That way it is much easier to add additional NICs later. Thank you - Asger

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the pricing calculator better

Having the 'free' tier is great, but there should be an option to turn off the 'free' tier in the pricing calculator so we can get actual figures.

Also, how are we supposed to know the 'memory size'? is there any tooling in azure that can say what memory a function uses, per execution?

Which leads me onto the next thing, it would be useful to emit cost statistics on a per execution basis like documentDb does with its RU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. UI does not update on template creation

When creating a template that creates a new resource group and a number of resources, the UI does not update to include all the resources in the group. The deployment status does not update with the steps completed or in-process. Hitting refresh on the blade of the resource group does show the created resources, not sure why it does not update on its own, which is the expected behavior. The deployment status is not udpdated until the browser itself is refreshed. The expected behavior is to update automatically or at least when the refresh button on the resource group blade…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base