Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the template to be downloaded from the portal even if validation or policy fails

Currently, when creating a resource in the portal, if template validation fails (for example, due to an Azure Policy Deny rule, or lack of permissions to a related resource), the link to download the template is not provided. Teams who do not have a mature CI/CD pipeline will often use the portal to generate a basic template that they can use. Validation/Policy errors should not block the ability to download said template, especially considering that the user may know what the fix is and need to make that fix within the template itself because there's no way to do it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want more theme of Azure Portal we can chose.

Currently, we can chose 4 theme for Azure Portal.
    But, my organization have 6 tenants and I want each tenant have independent color. For this purpose, I want more themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Missing horizontal scrollbar in "Virtual Machines" pane after adding multiple columns

On the virtual machines pane in portal.azure.com, I had to edit the columns to show more attributes. That is when I realised that there is no horizontal scroll bar for me to review the columns. Please have this fixed on priority. Not having the horizontal scroll bar seriously limits to view multiple attributes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable QnA/Cognitive Services for natural language queries in portal

Would be incredibly nice to see features such as the natural language Q&A approach in PowerBI, where you could infer the following insights (both in Portal as well as API/CLI avenues):

1) Ask questions and receive suggestions or practices on how to deploy certain resources (e.g. "I'm looking to build a web app that's traffic/load balanced across multiple regions", and have suggestions and/or recommended ARM templates to complete the tasks)

2) Ask questions on how resources are performing, and show KPIs for Azure Monitor, with suggestions for better performance

3) Ask for details on cost analysis, with suggestions returned for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow selecting subscriptions by IDs when creating new Azure resources

It would be nice to be able to select subscriptions by ID when creating new resources, even when the dropdown only shows subscription display names. We typically track subscriptions by IDs and not names in our team docs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make "The Submit an Idea" more visible.

Make "The Submit an Idea" more visible. Its a very good idea however its hidden and most people will not know its available or find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tags inherented

Please make it possible to inherent tags in Azure, for example the tags on a certain resource group automatically are inherented to all the resources in that resource group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dashboard Input Fields

I would like to be able to add input fields to dashboards that can be applied to the charts. A basic input field may be a dropdown (ideally dynamic). For instance, if I had a chart showing CPU% for a specific VM then I would like to be able to switch to a different VM through a dropdown field. Similar to how Splunk has implemented this feature. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to create 'macros' within the portal and link to Cloud Shell commands

Sometimes there are features which are not available in the portal, and in these instances the CLI/PowerShell needs to be used.
    It would be great if we could create a 'macro' in a way, display a custom button in Azure, and have it run commands via PowerShell/CLI against the resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include Dashboards in ARM Template Automation Script for Resource Group

I would like Azure dashboards (Microsoft.Portal/dashboards) to be included when scripting an ARM template for a resource group. There is an article on programmatically creating Azure dashboards but this approach doesn't auto-parameterize resource names like the Automation Script feature on the portal does.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/azure-portal-dashboards-create-programmatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deployment Template save online

The Deployment Template isn't saved online!!!
    Everyone time I restart browser I have to type it again!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use my context for create actions

When im in a resource group and click new something there is a really good chance i want to create that new thing in the subscription and resource group that im currently in. Why does the portal default to some other subscription and RG. When im done creating a new object in a resource group why does it take me out of that resource group and go back to the home page? I would save so much time is the portal would respect the context i already set by navigating to a location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Honor the Dark color theme setting across all Azure pages

Some Azure pages expose a theme setting (e.g., Light, Dark), which is great. But when using the Dark theme, many Azure pages use a Light theme instead. (E.g., this feedback page and even the Azure search page don't honor the Dark theme.) This creates a visually straining, high-contrast experience that is the opposite of what the Dark theme is typically trying to achieve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. All Services

Small beans but when I click "All Services", it would be great is there was a button to de-selected all selected items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please please get rid of the leftmost menu and replace it with the menu that appears after clicking Browse

I hate clicking Browse to see the full list of services. It's an extra click for me. Put the full list on the leftmost panel and keep the filter textbox. Or merge the two menus together keeping the current leftmost panel at the top and full list at the bottom so users can still see most commonly used services. This is driving me nuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When hovering over the tile 'all resources' a pop-up with brief description would be handy

The tiles already tell me whether it is a virtual machine of virtual network however especially in the beginning, when I'm new to Azure. The tiles aren't always clear to me. So a brief pop-up with the description would be handy. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Offer shortcuts (Ctrl + S to save)

I use a lot the keyboard with tabs and shortcuts and it will be productive to have a Save shortcut instead of going to the save button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manage two azure resources at once

Currently if I want to manage two of my azure resources I have to open each one sequentially or open two browser windows. Ideally I'd like to be able to open the blade for both resources side by side, and dismiss all the blades that I used to navigate to the resource. I can then do side by side comparisons of settings etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add generic links / url's to resources

The ability to add generic URLs with a label to any resource from the portal or Powershell. This is useful for linking to configuration documents, debugging procedures, external inventory systems, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to share charts and dashboards to use them as embedded controls on external web pages.

Would be ideal to share interactive charts and dashboards to embedded them on external webpages. Refresh time, date ranges and time granularity will be configurable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base