Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selecting a subscription is not intuitive.

I had to spend some time to find out how to select a subscription. Selecting a subscription to work on is not intuitive. Once I select a subscription, that subscription name is not displayed anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page to report outages from individual extensions/services to keep customer informed

It will be good, if we can report outages from individual extensions/services some where in the portal so that end customer can be informed. In case of outage customers keep trying to access that extension/service and getting impacted. Individual extensions owners should be allowed to post messages to that page...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
    For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let the directory switcher as it was !!! If you have more than 1 subscription new way is a nightmare!!!

You make a big mistake changing the directory switcher!!! When you work with more tan one subscription or tenant this new one is a nightmare!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to put current balance on the dashboard

View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to see my current balance on the dashboard and burn rate in a simple window. This is important information I like to check frequently. I should not have to go off the dashboard to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a means to disable feedback prompts in the portal.

I am constantly asked to provide feedback on my experience with the portal. Please allow me disable the feedback prompts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to take a VM or any other resource, and clone it to another resource group.

The ability to take an already set up VM and clone it to deploy it to another Resource group, or even clone another resource group with the ability to change the names of each resource during the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show the number of ongoing deployments

The classic portal did this and it was a nice way to see when a deployment was finished. For example, if I'm adding multiple firewall rules I have to keep expanding the notifications dropdown to see whether the previous rule change has finished deploying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a inteligent searchbox

When i started using a azure i had create a sql server and i after few minutes i forgot a login and passwor. And i had start looking for place where i can chanange or find my admin password or login and this take a 1hour.... Create a searchbox where i can type a useability for example admin password

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save the command in the title to use custom commands (preview Portal)

In the portal where you can use Commands you should be able to use your own predefined commands saved on a blob or somewhere else. this is good for reuse and not typing the same everytime.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow creation of Favorite list of "choose a size" in the same way as you have "Recommended" sizes

It will help during VM creation as users will be able to pick their frequently used VM size. You have a "Recommended" link that shows recommended VM sizes. so, add "Favorites" that will show all favorite sizes to user to pick from. This will need adding option to allow adding a Size as favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop asking for feedback every time I delete a Resource Group

Every time you delete a resource group, the portal asks you for customer feedback for why you deleted it. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop it doing this.

It's annoying and intrusive as I'm a developer creating and deleting RGs all the time when I'm testing out resource templates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom dashboards are currently not usable

It's nice that there is now the ability to create multiple dashboards, but it would take too long to create a dashboard other than the default one, for the following reasons:
    - Can't move or copy tiles to another dashboard
    - When pinning a tile, can't select to which dashboard it will be pinned
    - The drop down list of tile types is too long, searching a single tile type takes too long when I don't know the exact name. A search by tile type is essential. A search by resource group name is also essential. Currently the search only…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard

Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard. VERY USEFUL!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Interactive region map on azure portal

Lets add interactive region selection from world map instead from drop down. For example, I wanted to choose the Location for my new web app, It is more easy for me to choose from map then going thru the list. Please refer the attached file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We used to have a map, but opted to simplify the flow to the dropdown you see today. We can do this, if it’s a popular request. Do you expect a map to make it easier/quicker to get thru the form? Are you trying to select the nearest location to you? The more details you have, the better :-)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base