Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a way to do custom reports for Azure Services Tiles

We have to do many reports (daily, weekly) to send to other teams and customers.
    For example, we need to generate a report to show the capacity of all the Storage Accounts, also its availability etc ... Right now we have to go to each STA, filter by dates, capture a screenshot of those tiles, compose a Powerpoint and send it through mail.
    It would be great to have Azure to have a "reporting" module to compose custom reports instead of all this manual process.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Force default dashboard users

I would like an option to be able to create a dashboard, and force this as default for some users.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Portal: Save or remember my sorting and/or grouping setting

Working with the Azure Portal, my personal workflow is:
    1. Enter URL in browser: https://portal.azure.com/
    2. In my favorites on the left site I click on resource groups
    3. I choose one of my resource groups
    4. Inside the resource group grid view I click on type to sort my resources by type

It would help me a lot and save plenty of time if I could save my sort option as standard view, so every time no matter from what browser or computer I open the resource group, my personal sort and/or grouping option is displayed. Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sorting the virtual machines based on running status.

In the portal.azure.com, when we view the virtual machine resources, it is getting listed by the name of the VM, status, resource group, location, subscription. Where we are allowed to sort the resources by name, location, resource group, location, subscription but not by the status. It would be great if we have this. This will help the infra maintenance engineers while collecting data from the portal

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Tags Searchable in portal

Allow tags to be searchable in the portal just like you are able to for any other resource. Right now the only option to see what resources have tag is via the Tags blade. Being able to search would be very helpful.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Friendly Alias Names

Allow resources to have a friendly alias name inside the portal. Obviously it will not be used to access the resource, it will just make the portal easier to navigate. Also would only need to be unique to the one portal or subscription.

I don't mind if my Database is called fdstrdfs but let me find it by Product SQL Server...etc

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alert Profile for multiple subscriptions

Like many Azure users, I have access and monitor several subscriptions. Recently MS introduced the new Alert framework. But to use it, I need to create Action Groups and Rules, under EACH AND EVERY subscriptions. This is "DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT" and breaks basic rules on Database Normal Form, namely, DUPLICATE DATA.

Why not tie the Action Rule (or Action Group) to an Azure Account PROFILE and make it available to ALL the subscriptions that the Account has access to?

Now, if I need to edit my email address or phone number, or otherwise change how I get Azure Alerts,…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. Export and Import Favorites List

We are working with many different Tenants. I would like to export and import my Favorites from a Tenant to another. I can imagine that that helps also other admins.

And if possible you can store the favorites in the CSP Tenant, so that I don't need to export/import first for a CSP admin. If I a network admin, I need the same Favorites for that in each customer tenant.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow IAM temporary permissions to be granted for specific amount of time.

Allow a timer to be set for temporary user access to resources/resource groups in Access Control (IAM).

This should allow choice of timed access (such as 1 hour) or access until specified date/time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. last logon date

Need a last logon date option in azure portal in order to sort what users have been logged on lately.
    Currently only O365 products log this in the reports

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see all systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide functionality to automatically generate SAS token when using https://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Template

We use the Azure DSC extension to invoke a configuration which downloads software from an Azure Files share. Unfortunately, we must either generate a SAS token in advance using powershell or entrust many administrators with one of the two owner access keys. It would be nice if there was a way for the custom create page or json ARM template language to have the ability to generate a temporary SAS token on the fly without leaving the custom create page.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More color options for portal

I think it's great for me to switch colors between subscriptions as I have been added to some customer subscriptions so I can set different set of colors based on which subscription is being used.

Currently you offer only 4 different schemes - there should be a lot more plus an option to customize (if I want a pink theme, please let me have it - with unicorns :)) This would be a great visual differentiator between subscriptions as I need to switch between them all the time just to remind me what I'm working with (e.g. green = development,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable

Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable.
    For examples I have pipelines section pinned from different data factories on dashboard it would be good if I can name them differently. In general it would be easy if I can rename components pinned on Dashboard.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Azure Portal status bar % complete

An Azure portal status bar that displays % complete when doing such actions as backup, restore of database as a service instances. And also % complete when deploying a new VM. The in progress bar that runs in the current portal doesn't give any indication of how long it will take for the action to be performed. Only previous restores/backups for instance will you know roughly how long it will take.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create tree view in Portal for subscriptions, resource groups and resources

I'd like an easy way to quickly explore my deployed Azure services using a tree view like the left hand pane in Windows Explorer.
    I would expect the tree view to start at my current top level. By which I mean if I can see multiple subs then that would be the first layer of the tree, then resource groups, then resources.
    Clicking a resource will open the blade for that resource.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions

Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Nowadays, even using multiple Chrome profiles, it's hard to manage multiple subscriptions under the same MSA or AAD account. Service providers, consultants and support engineers could benefit from deep links on the interface, enabling them to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Filtering helps, but doesn't solve usability problems. It's hard to work with more than 5 subscriptions in the new portal.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base