Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile Link Should Have Option to Edit Profile

It would be awesome/useful to have an "Edit Profile" link in the User dropdown in the top right of the portal that took you to the Edit Profile page:

https://account.windowsazure.com/Profile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom images on tiles

I'm getting used to use my dashboard. And after organizing my graphs and tiles it has become my entry point to everything I do.

However, -We quickly end up with lots tiles for VM's, Web apps and other resources. It's good that I can resize and group them, but as they all look the same it's kind of difficult to set them apart.

I believe that if you could upload and set custom images on your tiles, it would make it easier to find and more personal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global and Local Subscription Filtering Options

Here are the problems this would solve:

- Right now all filtering is global, which is not obvious at first.
    - Going back to a previous journey that used a different filter does not restore the filter. Having this as a local filter to the journey should fix this.
    -

There could be a “Global Filters” in the left menu bar that you can select and could filter your subscriptions (and maybe other things in the future), or I could see the “Global Filtering” being done in the existing subscriptions menu in the left hand blade, or even changing the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it clear if I am logged in using my personal or work account (both of which use the same email address).

A long standing problem I have is that the Office 365 account I have is different to my Microsoft ID. Two accounts with the same email address (resolving that is a separate sad story). What would help would be an indicator near my identity that can tell me if I am logged in using the Office 365. I've just created a new subscription/resource group and so on because I was accidentally logged into the Azure portal with my Office 365 login and the avatar image being used is the one I use for non-O365 Microsoft account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In general, you should not have an MSA account that uses the same email address as a work/school (AAD) account. If you have that, you should create a second personal account.

The AAD team is working on solving the problems introduced by using AAD email addresses for MSA accounts, but in the meantime, please avoid that setup.

With that said, we can do more here, if popular.

5. Provide Link to Videos, if possible relevant videos on "how to"s,

a quick way of creating new service on cloud can be explained in small videos attached as video button.. just like help / ? button on settings.. this will help to create and confirm what we want to do on cloud..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop showing settings on every item opened

Currently when I open anything in the portal that has a "Settings" menu as well, the settings menu opens up automatically. It's a pain and I don't want to see it on everything I open - at least give us an option to choose to turn that behavior off rather than making it the default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When I add a resource, I should be able to see the cost before I commit.

When I add a resource, I should be able to see the cost before I commit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't recommend pricing tier

When I am creating a new VM or web app, the Azure Portal always recommends different tiers, but what tier I need really depends on what I am doing, making the recommendations useless. Consider removing. It just creates an extra click every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request to add ability to create favorite menus on any blade.

Frequent changes in the Azure portal has been applied. That changes contains the move of menus. We sometimes provide demonstration to customers to get new opportunities. But unfortunately, "the change" applied right before the demonstration!!

Azure is Cloud environment so we cannot say "Don't change". But we actually failed in the contract because we couldn't operate Azure portal smoothly.... So we request you to add ability to create favorite menus on all blade. If you provide, we don't have time to search menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for deletion of related resources at time of deleting a resource

When someone deletes a resource (say a VM) he/she may want to delete all the resources that are being used by this current resource (like NICs, Public IPs, VNETs for the VM). If there is an option like a checklist, listing all the related resources and the user can select which resources to delete along with, it can be a real hassle-free experience for the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the dashboard

The Azure portal dashboard is confusing. Why all these status/notification squares with no indication of the order in which the operations occurred? I'm an engineer, not a dumb Windows user that needs a Metro interface. I'd much rather see a list, sorted by time, of my actions in the portal.

And speaking of the Metro interface - I know some dumb Windows users, who still hate the Metro layout. Get away from that ****, Microsoft. Good job getting rid of it in Windows 10. Let's see you guys do the same thing in Azure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it easier to manage subscriptions!!!!

like add, remove...

mine is disabled,

fine let me fix it.....?

Really now MS, your doing great but this annoyed the **** out of me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".

Please engage some good designers to design the site. The new Portal is at best "Confusing".
    More so with LiveId accounts that are used in multiple subscriptions.
    You will need good designers and information architects to sit through multiple sessions to come up with a suitable and clean ui flow. I used to think that Canonicals Jujucharms https://demo.jujucharms.com/ did a good job of it .. not so much now .. It is a hard problem to represent dense actionable information in a limited screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make column resizing more like Windows (i.e. predictable)

Right now it's a bit of whack-a-mole when you resize a column; other column names become partially obscured and/or arbitrarily resize, plus there is no way to just resize them all to fit (like CTRL++ in Windows Explorer)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base