Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add sort capability to all columns

I can't believe Azure Portal doesn't allowed you to sort snapshots by date or by size. Same thing for disks and other resources. Please add sort capability to all columns

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to add dividers in the menu

When marking services as favorite, the left-hand menu can get crazy really fast. It would be nice to either customize the layout by being able to place custom dividers (thin horizontal lines, just like the favorites bar, but without a label, see attachment AzurePortal-Divider-CustomDivider.jpg)

Or group them by service (see AzurePortal-Divider-PerService.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add virtual tabs to the portal

Sometimes you want to have a few resources 'open' without having to open multiple actual browser tabs. Can we get some in-portal virtual tabs that could be spawned per resource?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Really important PREVIEW items

IT would be really useful to have a POP up message or an ATTENTION MARK with more details whenever someone wants to create a resource in Azure which is in PREVIEW --> lots of people are creating preview items for production which should not be the case!
    thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Translation feedback] meaning between "purge" and "delete" on Azure CDN in Japanese is confusing

In Japanese portal, meaning between "purge" and "delete" on Azure CDN is confusing.
    "purge" is displayed as "消去", which means "erase" in Japanese and is for being used when a user wants to clear caches left on edge-nodes.

"delete" is displayed as "削除", which means "remove", "delete" in Japanese, which is for deleting Azure CDN resource itself.

To users, it is confusing and might mistakenly execute "remove" when a user wants to purge caches on edge-nodes.

I'd like to change the name of purge to a little bit more appropriate title (e.g., "パージ" or "キャッシュクリア")

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Portal Templates should be renamed Azure Portal Template Library

Azure Portal Templates should be renamed to Azure Portal Template Library (or something) so that Bing/Google searching can return information on it - Searching for Azure Templates yeilds *way* to many results!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure Portal Templates need Versioning, Releases and Deprecation flags

Azure Portal Templates need versioning for testing. Having a "network" template with a label of "released" or "published" would allow editing of a template while still being able to use it in production.

You should also be able to deploy a template using "version 1.0" and flag an older version as "deprecated"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Portal Templates - Add folders

Azure Portal Templates need folders for template organization. Folders should be nested.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the "starred/shortcuts" left menu transferrable (via ARM templates or PowerShell?)

I manage quite a few subscriptions, and I favour the same selection of portal features (in my "starred" left navigation bar) for most of them. A real pain-point is scrolling/scanning up and down that "starred/shortcut" menu for the icon I need.

I'd like to be able to script the menu and transfer it to my other subscription/directory login sessions.

I understand why each should be separate, but I'd like to be able to copy the selection and order of items to other logins. It would also be a big bonus if I can offer the template to a customer, once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlight status texts

"Running" "Stopped". those words are not easily acknowledged.
    Please give color to "stopped" to red or something different from Running status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Optimize how the portal looks when monitor is in portrait mode

I have a 22" monitor in Portrait mode and I really want the starting tiles to flow down the page rather than leaving all the gaps at the bottom.

Basically optimize for a "Portrait" screen if possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Clicking a Build Error to Open Solution/File in Visual Studio/Monaco

If I receive a build error, I'd like to be able to click it to open the solution, file, and bring me to the line within Visual Studio (should be able to do this because of the mapped workspace) or to allow me to edit it in Monaco and allow a remote recompile. Currently, I can see the file, but id doesn't give me any further details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tags (name or value) should not allow leading or trailing white space

I am unable to think of a use case where having leading or trailing white space on a tag name (or value for that matter) adds value to the feature, and most other tools already strip spaces on tags. Additionally it causes issues with being able to retrieve tags because the powershell command to retrieve tags DOES trim the white space. Furthermore these display differently in the portal and spotting the space is not intuitive if you don't know that it is there, until you notice you have multiple tags with the "same" value.

Example: "Environment" as a tag name…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. swapping delete with delete resources

I think for convenience the delete button should be swapped or placed closer to the delete resource button. A lot of the times, when testing, I am in an automatic mindset so when deleting only some of the resources I accidentally click on "delete resources" and not "delete" so most of the times I am almost deleting my resource group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto-sort Azure Favorites

enable auto-sort (alphabetically) the list of items created in my favorites. Manual sort is not useful when you have many favorites created on many directories.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. dashboard

Create a dashboard tile that can show a policy compliance score for a given resource group. Score please, not tumbnail image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow for more verbose sorting in new portal lists

At present you are not able to sort by all columns in the new Azure portal. For instance if you are in the Network Interface blade you can only sort by Resource Group, not by IP/Subnet, not by vNet or VM attached too. Can this be changed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow the template to be downloaded from the portal even if validation or policy fails

Currently, when creating a resource in the portal, if template validation fails (for example, due to an Azure Policy Deny rule, or lack of permissions to a related resource), the link to download the template is not provided. Teams who do not have a mature CI/CD pipeline will often use the portal to generate a basic template that they can use. Validation/Policy errors should not block the ability to download said template, especially considering that the user may know what the fix is and need to make that fix within the template itself because there's no way to do it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want more theme of Azure Portal we can chose.

Currently, we can chose 4 theme for Azure Portal.
    But, my organization have 6 tenants and I want each tenant have independent color. For this purpose, I want more themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base