Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portal Notifications: Change default from "Dismiss All" to "Dismiss Completed" and close

Most situations we just want do "Dismiss Completed", not anything pending. This forces going to the dropdown and in many cases accidentally "Dismiss All".
    Also, the pane should close automatically once you dismiss things.
    I suggest either the above changes or configurations options to achieve the same functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. Dashboard not showing data for various metrics.

When I make my own dashboards, some data points do not display. For example, Failed requests for an Api. If I look at the api metrics directly I can see the failed requests, if I add them as a metric on a dashboard module, they show zero.

I've tried changing the graph type and other things but I never see data on Failed Requests, Exceptions, Server Exceptions, etc. I can however see some data on other hings like Requests and Users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

AZ CLI command naming scheme to match AZ portal blades names/sub menu names. CLI and Portal users can be much more efficient.

For example if I'm on the Resource Group>Overview blade, I get information such as Sub.ID and a list of resources. In AZ CLI, if type the command of "AZ ResourceGroup Overview" I would get the same information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Add columns for Creation Date and Creator ID to Resources List View

I see this suggestion has been submitted and voted for many times. It is annoying to bring up the list of Resources and not being able to see when they were created and who created them. Why can we not have this option in Edit Columns (shown in attached image)?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. HDI cluster with custom application displays wrong ssh command

If you create HDI cluster with a custom application, it will be displayed also as SSH endpoint. But generated ssh command is wrong. It is including ":22" together with hostname, and ssh will fail to parse it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GUI Designer for Azure looks like ProfiBricks

I want to create a azure infrastructur with a drag & drop designer looks like visio. there is a german cloud provider he have this tool

You can see a demo here
    https://dcd.ionos.com/latest/?testDrive=true&regDomain=ionos.de&lang=de

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

9. On each section of the portal have code to generate the same options programmatically

While there are several different approaches to programmatically create the different options for the different features, it'll be super productive if on each section on top of creating the different actions (resources, etc.) we could also have the option to use some type of code to do the same programmatically, this way we would not spend time trying to find the matching SDK, PowerShell, etc. to do the same thing.

For example when creating a Shared Access Policy (or anything else) have a link that says Code and then select the tool you want to use (SDK, PowerShell, etc.) and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

10. Fix vm Availability options tool tip link: 404 - Page not found

Click the Learn More link in the Availability options tool tip on Create a virtual machine blade result is 404 - Page not found. One possible fix is change the link to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/availability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dobrze by było abyście Państwo odpowiadali na mejle, na wiadomości wysyłane, na pytania, itp

Dzień dobry

Wysyła się do Państwa mejle, wiadomości ze strony i nikt miesiącami nie odpowiada.
    Dobrze by było to zmienić.
    Rozumiem, że jesteście Państwo dużym przedsiębiorstwem i możecie - w pewnym stopniu - ignorować część klientów, bo pozycja Wam na to pozwala. Jednak w dłuższej perspektywie, gdy pojawi się atrakcyjna konkurencja - stracicie nagle mnóstwo klientów.
    Może warto zadbać o nich już teraz.

Z poważaniem
    Bogumił Szmańda

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dzięki za ważne opinie. stale staramy się ulepszać naszą strategię komunikacji i dzielimy się tymi opiniami bezpośrednio z naszymi zespołami ds. komunikacji. Jeśli są jakieś szczególne eskalacje, które chciałbyś omówić, wyślij wiadomość na adres AzCommunity@microsoft.com, dołącz swój identyfikator subskrypcji, wszelkie identyfikatory żądania wsparcia lub problemy w celu opracowania opinii..

12. VERSIONAR DOCUMENTAÇÕES DE SUPORTE

vocês poderiam versionar as documentações de acordo com as versões de interfaces e ferramentas no painel Azure. Ex. Procedimento de importação em massa para contatos de uma caixa de e-mail V.01 / Item do painel para migração ou script para v.01. Assim evitaríamos falhas e trabalhos exaustivo.

Nem o Suporte da Azure conseguiu importar meus contatos pelo powershell. Agora terei que virar PHD em powershell para migrar contatos para um GRUPO DE DISTRIBUIÇÃO. A ferramenta não poderia contemplar esta atividade?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Make it possible to sort by consumption in the azure portal

Hello. I can sort by subscription name, subscription ID but not by Current Cost. Please add this seems like a bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stream Analytics - Sample Input Data is no longer working

In stream analytics, on the query tab, I am unable to 'sample data from input', as the side-panel shows a loading sign indefinitely.

This previously worked perfectly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the issue you are encountering. This issue requires deeper investigation by the Azure technical support team. Please use the steps @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request to raise a support request. If you do not have a support plan, send mail to AzCommunity@microsoft.com, include your subscription ID and we will gladly assist you with engaging Azure support. Looking forward to hearing from you.

15. Owned App Registrations

On the 'Owned' tab of the App Registrations, when the name of an application is entered in the search field if the application is not visible in the list of 40 applications beneath, the application cannot be found.

I have in excess of 40 applications and without clicking the 'show more' at the bottom of the page, the application I am searching for cannot be found.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IE Doesn't support Azure ;-)

I am wondering why IE doesn't come supporting everything related to Microsoft products while other browsers like chrome and firefox do. See the attached file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow customization of the Azure portal by query string for better integration with customer applications

When linking the Azure portal to a customer web app, typically customers would like to customize the portal by query strings. Things lik
    -Collapse/expand favorite panel
    -Remove favorite panel and render in full screen.

This specially important in the cases where non-IT users interacting with the portal for something like devtest labs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Better way to organize multiple dashboards

We have created a lot of dashboards with various metrics which are very useful for quick troubleshooting and monitoring but the dashboard dropdown shows only 10 dashboards in an arbitrary order so you have to use "Browse all dashboard" widget every single time. Would be very productive (especially when you are triaging production issues) if favorite dashboards are displayed in the dropdown or allows to chose the display order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reserved Instances only need Business Hours (8hrs per Day for 1 Year)

Need to create Reserved Instances only required Business Hours (8hrs per Day for 1 Year)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. colourising the resource groups

The possibility of colourising the resource groups icon in azure portal may be useful in some scenarios.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base