Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notes panel on dashboard

I miss notes panel on dashboard.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Branding

Company branding customizations would be a huge plus! Similarly to how this is possible in the Azure AD sign-in/access pages, would love to have the ability to include a custom logo and/or other branding in the Azure portal itself.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is there a way to find what all is running at present

Display all services/resources at present active in a single screen categorically to switch services on/off/resume/enable/disable.

This eases managing services cost effectively esp when we are working with limited budget (Bizspark) and same applies to SMB and Enterprises.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Group by properties in All Resources

It would be a good idea that when going to All Resources the Resources should be grouped based on their category. For example all the VMs should be in a folder Virtual Machine, Virtual Networks in a Virtual Networks folder etc. Or group the e properties of a vm in the same folder (network card,storage). The current way that are displayed the resources it creates confusion and it's not that organized at all, specially if you have lots of resources.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable search keyword filters in Azure Portal

In the new Search capability, released at GA time, I'd like the ability to specify keyword filters. Here are a few examples I'd envision:

"name:tre" - This should find all Resources, of all types, that contain "tre" (case insensitive)

"type:vnet" - This should return all Resources that are of type Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks.

The feature should auto-complete the names of the keyword filters, so that users don't have to remember exactly what the keywords are. Furthermore, the feature should start returning matching results as soon as the user starts typing a few characters.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a short description ("info") for each resource

For example: I don't know the difference between "Virtual Machines (classic)" & "Virtual Machines".

I think a brief description next to the title could help me to understand what means each resource, even before creating one of them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. share deep link to resource in portal

linking to a resource to track and include resource details with development in Visual Studio Online.
    primarily to have convenient way for SCRUM and teams to access important details about their environment for dev, break/fix, and reviews.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ensure existing functionality is not lost with updates.

For example up until very recently there were a number of tiles on the Web App blade that were extremely useful, such as the "Active Deployment" tile showing the status of a build. Being able to pin this tile from several different web apps to the dashboard and projecting the dashboard on the wall for the dev team to see was very useful. Now we have to wade through the blades of different apps to see what is happening with builds, preventing us seeing all that we need to at once.

An example of a useful sysadmin tile is the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easier way to register new resource types

A resource type (VM, Recovery Services, SQL database, etc.) must first be created once and registered in the subscription by a subscription admin. When using ARM with delegation these subscription level rights are not a given. Need an easier way to request this initial registration of a resource when somebody fails or before as part of a new request check, and the admin/owner be able to register this resource without having to actually deploy it once. Something of an approval workflow or a list of all available resources where I can just check the ones to be available and registered…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort "Choose a size" by cost, size, or alphabetically, allow list view

When creating a virtual machine, the "Choose a size" screen is busy and the default layout is difficult to digest.

The following would be helpful:
    + Allowing a list view with Name, CPU, Disk, and Price as sortable columns
    + Allow sorting of the tiles by Name, Price, etc
    + Already have a "Recommended" filter; add a "Recently Used" filter

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow custom blades to be created in the portal

Would like to be able add custom blades to the portal? I mean, something like a custom REST call/query, JSON config based, and/or eventually (ideally) some custom code or PS script? It may help a lot to fill some gaps every one of us tempt to find in the portal.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add drag-and-drop support for moving Azure Resources

It would be really cool, if a user could drag-and drop a Resource from one Resource Group into a different Resource Group. This is a very natural action that a user might perform with their mouse, and it would be great if it "just worked."

Here is how I would envision the user workflow to occur:

1. Open the Resource Group list blade
    2. Click on the source Resource Group, to open its blade
    3. In the list of Resources, click and drag a Resource (multi-select should also work)
    4. The Portal detects that you're trying to move a Resource(s),…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to delete all unused resource groups in the new portal

I have lots of unused resource groups from experimenting with different resources. Now, I need to delete them one by one which is a tedious process.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need better and easier capability to delete (clean up) a set of related resources

I have been demo'ing azure quite regularly to customers and while it is really simple to provision something like a vm, it is painful to delete afterwards as there are a number of additional components created like resource groups and storage accounts etc that all need to be deleted manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Log changes made in Portal

I spent the afternoon attempting to find what changed in an app to cause something to stop responding. However, the change wasn't with the app, it was with the virtual network. Someone else on our account made a change that caused some grief. I'd like to see a log showing when machines were added, resources given, changes made, etc. Can just be a simple "This person made this change on this date/time" text list.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Maybe display the price of a resource next to it while provisioning it through the portal!

I have no clue while creating a resource group, how much it is going to cost and how much each item is adding to the cost. Some pricing policies have been revised so many times, that it is extremely difficult to maintain track. please make this easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Review Template Deployment button

On the Azure portal when using the template deployment I would like there to be a button to review what is about to be created.

Once inputting the template and parameters, you should be able to click the review button, the UI will then go through the template and show you exactly what it will create, including the resources within copy.

You should also be able to go through the template and see how variables have expanded.

You could even highlight where things do not make sense, like linking NICs to VMs that do not exist

This would help as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base