Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see *all* systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More color options for portal

I think it's great for me to switch colors between subscriptions as I have been added to some customer subscriptions so I can set different set of colors based on which subscription is being used.

Currently you offer only 4 different schemes - there should be a lot more plus an option to customize (if I want a pink theme, please let me have it - with unicorns :)) This would be a great visual differentiator between subscriptions as I need to switch between them all the time just to remind me what I'm working with (e.g. green = development,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions

Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Nowadays, even using multiple Chrome profiles, it's hard to manage multiple subscriptions under the same MSA or AAD account. Service providers, consultants and support engineers could benefit from deep links on the interface, enabling them to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Filtering helps, but doesn't solve usability problems. It's hard to work with more than 5 subscriptions in the new portal.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about something more informative than "something went wrong"?

The portal shows that "Something went wrong," but really, that's not helpful. I think it's trying to show a virtual machine that no longer exists, but how is anyone supposed to figure that out if the message is as vague as "something."

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adaptive color theme - dark for night, light for day! ~:D

after sunset it should turn to dark colors to avoid eyestrain! this is brilliant idea and I use it myself in most of my apps!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide Email in Upper Right

To help comply with anti-doxxing patterns, it would be nice to have the option to hide email in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I'm recording/streaming coding content and wish to show some Azure work without giving away my email. Options like "Name only", "Name and Email", or "Email only" would save me a lot of effort

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Browse should only show everything I HAVE

"Browse Everything" should only show everything I HAVE. there is no way to easily see everything I have deployed like I can in the current portal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better Support Multi-touch TrackPad Scrolling

I use a Macbook Pro to access Azure Portal, and some of my colleagues use the Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse. I've found scrolling down blades in the new look portal can be a bit frustrating using one of these input devices, as it constantly want's to do both horizontal, and vertical scrolling at once.

Providing better detection and usability for these devices would be the icing on the cake.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Retry Database Creation Failure

If a database creation fails for some reason, provide the ability to edit and resubmit a request instead of starting from scratch each item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve how Azure reports that operations ended

During my work, I have noticed that many operations like updating, stopping or removing VMs are reported as completed before the requested changes have finished being applied. For example, if you remove a VM, the operation is reported as completed although disks need some extra time to be completely detached (and, thus, removed or reused).

That was one example but there are others. All these kinds of I-have-not-actually-finished-doing-the-work situations often break scripts. Manually implementing sleep-and-check code blocks is not a clean and safe option at all, because this is something that the API shoud offer.

Because all of this, we…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Either add an 8x4 or a 3x4

With the widgets on the screen I want to be able to have a large graph and then smaller graphs underneath it. With a 6x4 on top, I can't put (2) graphs beneath it and have it line up. Either make it so the large graph can be 8x4, or the smaller graphs 3x2. Personally I'd go with the 8x2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. wildcard filter

I'd desperately love to use wildcards (* or %) when searching or filtering through Devices, Users, or other objects in the Azure portal for our tenant. We have thousands of computers, and there is limited filtering available based on string characters from the beginning of a machine or user name, but enabling use of wildcards in the search box would be incredibly helpful. (e.g. tons of machines named "BuildingRoom-123", "BuildingRoom-456", etc. could all be returned using "BuildingRoom-*" or "BuildingRoom-%" in the search box...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In Dashboard, custom timespan does not work correctly for App Insight query tiles

In Dashboard, normally the timespan of the tiles is defined at dashboard-level, but this can be overridden on a per-tile basis.

However, the "from date" does not behave correctly when it's earlier than 1 month from today, even though the UI is correct.

For example, today is 26th Feb, and if I set the from date to any date before 27th Jan (e.g. 1st Jan), it will use 27th Jan to perform the query instead.

This makes the custom timespan useless for many use cases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Visual representation of resource connectivity

A visual/graphical summary of how the different components of a solution, Compute, storage, networking etc fit together in a resource pool would help to visualize quickly how interaction of resources are configured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow adding properties to the main blade of each resource

In the current portal there is a lot of really useful information on the "Dashboard" view on the right hand side. These are now buried under Properties in the Settings blade. Please provide a way for me to embed these values into the main blade of a resource.

Preferably I'd be able to define what a website blade looks like for me once and then all websites would use that template. So I could add the properties one time and all would show it. I use websites as an example, but would love to have it for all resources.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shift+Left Click to select range of items in grids/lists

I should be able to select a range of items within a grid/list by pressing shift+mouse left click

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Engagement and Social Profiling

Would be good to see some gamification statistic analysis in the site reporting tools. And possibly an SDK for app developers to play with.

Achievers, Explorers, Killers, Socializers

Being able to determine a profile for each of my users, and tailoring the UI to suite their needs would be amazing.

Being able to get statistics on breakdowns on social types, and drill down on any give user to view their profile in a gamification context.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base