Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translations to nl-NL are inconsistent (and wrong)

(see attachments) In the 'virtual machines' blade, the actions in the top bar are all verbs, except for 'Start'. In nl-NL this should be 'Starten'.
    Maybe 'Opnieuw starten' should be 'Opnieuw opstarten', see the remarks below.

In attachment '1' the right-click options for a new (resource model) virtual machine are shown. The option 'Beginnen' should be 'Starten', or at least be the same as in the top bar. The second remark is that here 'Opnieuw opstarten' is used in favor of 'Opnieuw starten'.

In attachment '2' the right-click options for a classic virtual machine are shown. The option 'Starten' its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I

Include an option such "How do I?" for any portal user to quickly ask a question or search for a task he wants to achieve or discover. Search and documentation is great but ability to know "How do I" do something will be great for newbies who are getting "Azure Comfortable".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
    For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let the directory switcher as it was !!! If you have more than 1 subscription new way is a nightmare!!!

You make a big mistake changing the directory switcher!!! When you work with more tan one subscription or tenant this new one is a nightmare!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Incorrect links on the Home > Connections page

Hyperlinks on the Connections landing page are incorrect.

"Learn more about ExpressRoute" -> points to the VPN gateway page
    "Learn more about VPN Gateway" -> points to the ExpressRoute page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provisioning server sets first NIC as primary NIC

Hi -
    I run into limitation if I want to add a NIC to an existing VM. The error code is that I have to assign a primary NIC before adding a secondary. My wish is that upon creation of VM via portal that the NIC associated with the vm is automatically created as primary. That way it is much easier to add additional NICs later. Thank you - Asger

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the pricing calculator better

Having the 'free' tier is great, but there should be an option to turn off the 'free' tier in the pricing calculator so we can get actual figures.

Also, how are we supposed to know the 'memory size'? is there any tooling in azure that can say what memory a function uses, per execution?

Which leads me onto the next thing, it would be useful to emit cost statistics on a per execution basis like documentDb does with its RU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Request to add ability to create favorite menus on any blade.

Frequent changes in the Azure portal has been applied. That changes contains the move of menus. We sometimes provide demonstration to customers to get new opportunities. But unfortunately, "the change" applied right before the demonstration!!

Azure is Cloud environment so we cannot say "Don't change". But we actually failed in the contract because we couldn't operate Azure portal smoothly.... So we request you to add ability to create favorite menus on all blade. If you provide, we don't have time to search menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UI does not update on template creation

When creating a template that creates a new resource group and a number of resources, the UI does not update to include all the resources in the group. The deployment status does not update with the steps completed or in-process. Hitting refresh on the blade of the resource group does show the created resources, not sure why it does not update on its own, which is the expected behavior. The deployment status is not udpdated until the browser itself is refreshed. The expected behavior is to update automatically or at least when the refresh button on the resource group blade…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to put current balance on the dashboard

View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to see my current balance on the dashboard and burn rate in a simple window. This is important information I like to check frequently. I should not have to go off the dashboard to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No option to auto arrange tiles?

Why not provide a button to auto arrange tiles? Sort them based on name, creation date, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View your full email and/or subscription at the top

I use multiple email addresses with different email domains to manage multiple accounts. Some accounts have multiple subscriptions to them.

However, the space where the email address is displayed at the top too small. I can't tell which email I'm looking at.

And if you have multiple subscriptions, there isn't a way to know which subscription is which because it only shows the id -- not the organization it is associated with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a means to disable feedback prompts in the portal.

I am constantly asked to provide feedback on my experience with the portal. Please allow me disable the feedback prompts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to visualize your Azure engagement

I have ended up managing many Azure resources (my own and customers') attached to many accounts (including my work and personal account that have the same email). I find it very difficult to get an overview of what engagement I have. What account do I use to manage that resource? What am I allowed to do here? What subscriptions do I have? What directory is connected to this account? I am also struggling with understanding the basic structure of Azure (admins roles, subscriptions etc). It would be helpful to get some kind of overview of my different engagements. Perhaps a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alert on dashboard needed when account is disabled

So just recently my account got disabled because I hit my spending limit. What happened was that some of my blades (my app settings and the authentication/authorization blade) froze up. It was only after I'd raised a request with the Twitter support line that I realised it might have been my account. I checked and removed my spending limit, then after it had propagated through the servers my blades came online again.

If I'd had a clear alert on my dashboard I wouldn't have felt the need to go through support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option for deletion of related resources at time of deleting a resource

When someone deletes a resource (say a VM) he/she may want to delete all the resources that are being used by this current resource (like NICs, Public IPs, VNETs for the VM). If there is an option like a checklist, listing all the related resources and the user can select which resources to delete along with, it can be a real hassle-free experience for the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base