Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dashboard

Create a dashboard tile that can show a policy compliance score for a given resource group. Score please, not tumbnail image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. Feature to display timespan on the tile where it differs from the dashboard

FIrstly now that the timespan for individual tiles can be customised, this needs to be displayed (or available for display) on the tile.
    And where the timespan of the tile does differ from the dashboard, it should be displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

6. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Tile in Azure Dashboard

Creating custom tile and importing external data will improve the Azure board experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. Allow custom names for times in Portal clocks

Rather than having the tile state "Central Standar..." I would like to be able to enter a custom name like "Chicago"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dashboard time/timezone

I want to make a suggestion for the Azure dashboard feature.

I generally like this feature and it is very useful for me but there is a suggestion regarding UI which can be improved.

The time/timezone feature can be aligned with the other buttons Fullscreen, Clone, Delete like on the picture.

This modification can provide even much more space on the dashboard so the customers can put more pieces of information.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

13. Dashboard Input Fields

I would like to be able to add input fields to dashboards that can be applied to the charts. A basic input field may be a dropdown (ideally dynamic). For instance, if I had a chart showing CPU% for a specific VM then I would like to be able to switch to a different VM through a dropdown field. Similar to how Splunk has implemented this feature. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. refresh

Only the tiles that are generated by Application insights get auto refreshed properly. Charts created manually in the Logs are not able to be auto- refreshed, having a refresh button on the tile instead. Any one can help with this please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hierarchical view of the Subscriptions or Resources

Currently the Azure portal gives only a list of the contents in a tabular format, which makes it difficult to understand how the resources are organized.
    There is also a value in mentioning the cost against each resource to improve User Experience.

The idea is to give an ILLUSTRATION of the assets or resources managed by the users.
    The resources in Azure can be organized in a hierarchical way to represent the way they are being used.
    The attachment has a sample illustration which can be auto generated from Visio to explain the user.
    If the user has bought Visio…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Honor the Dark color theme setting across all Azure pages

Some Azure pages expose a theme setting (e.g., Light, Dark), which is great. But when using the Dark theme, many Azure pages use a Light theme instead. (E.g., this feedback page and even the Azure search page don't honor the Dark theme.) This creates a visually straining, high-contrast experience that is the opposite of what the Dark theme is typically trying to achieve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace the old View Designer from OMS

Hi,
    With the decommissioning of OMS, the View Designer is also gone. There is no other easy way to design dashboards in the portal at this moment. When will the replacement for the View Designer be available??
    Cheers, BartT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to integrate OMS solutions with Azure Dashboard

Hey Guys,

This is great thing that OMS portal is migrating within Azure portal but I am little excited about OMS dashboard, what if we can add solutions which we have enabled in log analytics with Azure dashboard and that would be great place to monitor all in one view . Currently I can't see the any log analytic solution that integrated with Dashboard view. Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change (back) the font size/boldness of the bricks in the Azure dashboards.

Why is the font size so large/bold now in the dashboards? It makes it hard to use 1x1 bricks. This seems to be a very recent change that breaks several of our existing dashboard layouts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dasboard tile does not show complete legend/labels

Have created few reports(using log analytics query) in shared dashboard, but the legends do not show complete text. It shows only few characters.Tried customizing it,expanding it , but still the same.

MS ticket : 119010425001838

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base