Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Self-service revoke access to subscriptions

Working with many customers over a period of time can mean that you collect a lot of privileged access to a lot of subscriptions. If a user has finished working within a subscription and no longer needs access, perhaps add a feature that will allow them to remove themselves from the subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

2. Alert Profile for multiple subscriptions

Like many Azure users, I have access and monitor several subscriptions. Recently MS introduced the new Alert framework. But to use it, I need to create Action Groups and Rules, under EACH AND EVERY subscriptions. This is "DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT" and breaks basic rules on Database Normal Form, namely, DUPLICATE DATA.

Why not tie the Action Rule (or Action Group) to an Azure Account PROFILE and make it available to ALL the subscriptions that the Account has access to?

Now, if I need to edit my email address or phone number, or otherwise change how I get Azure Alerts,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Resource dependency and reference

Looking forward to a feature (blade) in azure portal to list all dependent resources when we select a particular resource. For example, when i select a webapp, the reference blade should list all the resources(logic apps, function apps etc) that are calling this web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. Add columns for Creation Date and Creator ID to Resources List View

I see this suggestion has been submitted and voted for many times. It is annoying to bring up the list of Resources and not being able to see when they were created and who created them. Why can we not have this option in Edit Columns (shown in attached image)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable QnA/Cognitive Services for natural language queries in portal

Would be incredibly nice to see features such as the natural language Q&A approach in PowerBI, where you could infer the following insights (both in Portal as well as API/CLI avenues):

1) Ask questions and receive suggestions or practices on how to deploy certain resources (e.g. "I'm looking to build a web app that's traffic/load balanced across multiple regions", and have suggestions and/or recommended ARM templates to complete the tasks)

2) Ask questions on how resources are performing, and show KPIs for Azure Monitor, with suggestions for better performance

3) Ask for details on cost analysis, with suggestions returned for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tags inherented

Please make it possible to inherent tags in Azure, for example the tags on a certain resource group automatically are inherented to all the resources in that resource group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure - Resource Group View

Given a Resource Group - it would be great to generate a concise diagram view from the portal - showing all the services in that specific resource group in a typical box. So, in addition to a list view - we would also have a snapshot of what that resource group contains. This would come in handy to do environmental comparisons (for e.g. DEV vs PROD comparisons) in the constituent services , naming etc . - for the same resource group - in a quick focused glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show resource Id in the azure portal too

Show the azure resource id of all the resources in the properties tab for all the resources. Many users are reluctant to run scripts and should be able to see the resource id directly in the UI.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Licensing - a simple portal that provides a matrix of what i'm currently licensed for, a step-up view for adding features, and updated cost.

I wish to know my current licensing (what am I entitled to today) model with in the azure portal. This would include a matrix of other licensing tiers i would be required to move to (a step up) so I am entitled to use some new feature(s).

The current license model matrix should also include dependencies/interdependencies on impacts if my license model was changed (e.g. warnings/impacts/compliance) when my entitlements change. E.g. I move from a P2 to a P1 and now some automated process is no longer entitled to run due to a subscription/entitlement change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a disable option on a Resource Group Lock

Have the ability to disable the lock, delete and recreate the VNET on the resource group and re-enable the lock without deleting it first.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show imported subscriptions and resources by default in global subscriptions filter.

When you import a subscription and it's resources from another Azure account it is deselected by default in the Global subscription filter. This should be checked by default when imported. Nobody wants to import a subscription they aren't going to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cost Effectiveness tied to Log Off

while logging off the user should be presented with a view which tells the user what all cost will be incured while he stays logged off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to Sort Azure Devices by Column

The Device List in Azure does not have any capability for sorting by column. Seems like this should be an easy no-brain feature. Currently I have to copy and paste to Excel just to sort by column...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. storsimple devices should show more information.

The StorSimple devices should show more information.

Now it only shows free space and that is too easy to interpret as used space. The overview should also show used space. And in the overview of specific shares should also list the number of files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Azure VMs Disk Encryption

The azure VM disk encryption process using Key Vault (Your key) is not easy. The VM Disk Encryption Extension is not reliable - specially when you are using Customized images (still have a case with Microsoft team).

However if you look at storage account the process is very simple, you enable encryption using your own key and then provide the key vault address.

Can we have something similar to storage account on Azure Disks? We can pass parameters to VM disk and they automatically gets encrypted?

Thanks
    Reza

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. About my student account

I haven't been able to actively use my student account Yet. If It's a problem, we should be able to separate resources and maintain a lower scale for the Students. Because it takes almost 6-7 months to make a project. How can we use it more efficiently?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable auto shutdown VM for X days/hours

Sometimes we have to work extra hours and I have to disable the auto shutdown feature to avoid loosing work in the middle. Mostly I forget to enable it back and this happens mostly in the weekends and holidays.

It would be nice if we have a feature to disable auto shutdown for 'x' hours or days

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. you should provide a pdf guide which explain how to work on azure cli.. this guide should be on example basis.

I just want to how can we create resources and can configure security and firewall rules through azure power shell, and can diagnose HDD , OS level issue , all this content should inside a single PDF guide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put back resources list by cost

Resources list by coast is the best way to showing costs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Graphics omit informations!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base