Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translations to nl-NL are inconsistent (and wrong)

(see attachments) In the 'virtual machines' blade, the actions in the top bar are all verbs, except for 'Start'. In nl-NL this should be 'Starten'.
    Maybe 'Opnieuw starten' should be 'Opnieuw opstarten', see the remarks below.

In attachment '1' the right-click options for a new (resource model) virtual machine are shown. The option 'Beginnen' should be 'Starten', or at least be the same as in the top bar. The second remark is that here 'Opnieuw opstarten' is used in favor of 'Opnieuw starten'.

In attachment '2' the right-click options for a classic virtual machine are shown. The option 'Starten' its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I

Include an option such "How do I?" for any portal user to quickly ask a question or search for a task he wants to achieve or discover. Search and documentation is great but ability to know "How do I" do something will be great for newbies who are getting "Azure Comfortable".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List of ALL the subscriptions associated to my User Login.

Currently the portal shows in the "Subscriptions" section only the subscription associated to the Directory (AAD) that is selected by default. I have several subscriptions associated to several directories.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to have Portal Notifications as Destop Notifications

Option to have Notifications, like a successful deploy or failed deploy, as a desktop notification.

This would allow you to leave the portal and do other tasks while waiting for e.g. a large deploy. When the deployment is done you will see the notification on the desktop, while having the portal web page open in the background.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reduce the browser memory footprint, and elimnate the memory leaks.

There seem to be some rather significant memory leaks in the Portal Dashboard. I've made the mistake of leaving it running overnight a few times, and the browser process working memory use, with the portal being the only browser tab open is often in excess of 1.5 GB. This is with no tiles open. In a few cases, I could not unlock the computer and had to reach across the network to kill the iexplore.exe process before I could gain local access.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter Item Wildcards For Easier Search Capabilities

When looking at a long list of several resources (all resources or items within a resource group) with long naming conventions there is no easy way to search/filter what you are looking for without spelling out the beginning of the resource.

It would be convenient to type: %item%prod% to be able to gather all resources containing that specific "item" and in "prod".
    i.e. itemeus1storageprod1

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Portal ARM Templates (Preview)

Direct GitHub access from within Azure Portal for downloading/uploading or synchronizing ARM templates between Azure Portal and GitHub.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Tags Searchable in portal

Allow tags to be searchable in the portal just like you are able to for any other resource. Right now the only option to see what resources have tag is via the Tags blade. Being able to search would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Review Template Deployment button

On the Azure portal when using the template deployment I would like there to be a button to review what is about to be created.

Once inputting the template and parameters, you should be able to click the review button, the UI will then go through the template and show you exactly what it will create, including the resources within copy.

You should also be able to go through the template and see how variables have expanded.

You could even highlight where things do not make sense, like linking NICs to VMs that do not exist

This would help as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create tree view in Portal for subscriptions, resource groups and resources

I'd like an easy way to quickly explore my deployed Azure services using a tree view like the left hand pane in Windows Explorer.
    I would expect the tree view to start at my current top level. By which I mean if I can see multiple subs then that would be the first layer of the tree, then resource groups, then resources.
    Clicking a resource will open the blade for that resource.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Branding

Company branding customizations would be a huge plus! Similarly to how this is possible in the Azure AD sign-in/access pages, would love to have the ability to include a custom logo and/or other branding in the Azure portal itself.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Profile Link Should Have Option to Edit Profile

It would be awesome/useful to have an "Edit Profile" link in the User dropdown in the top right of the portal that took you to the Edit Profile page:

https://account.windowsazure.com/Profile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. share deep link to resource in portal

linking to a resource to track and include resource details with development in Visual Studio Online.
    primarily to have convenient way for SCRUM and teams to access important details about their environment for dev, break/fix, and reviews.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base