Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password/credentials manager inside azure portal

Password/credentials manager inside azure portal which helps quickly get it, and no need to remember/capture for each and every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maquinas Virtuales - Predefinidas

Se debe de implementar maquinas virtuales ya confiuradas con el cpanel para dar servicios de resseller

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Expand items to monitor and send alerts and create reports on.

It may also be great to incorporate a method of monitoring and setting up alerts for Hard drive space/blob storage capacity reaching its maximum.

I understand that within the VM it may be hard to report on but at least on the blob and container level, that would be a great tool and functionality to have.

Another item is maybe having a repository within Azure to be a log container that VMs within Azure can send their syslogs to, and Azure will be able to interact with.

This would be a great way of extracting alerts/logs from within the VM…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lite Management studio for queries

I would be nice to have a Lite management studio for SQL server database. Visula studio on desktop is very heavy and sometime you just need to run some queries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deployment failure alerts for things pushed from VSTS

It is a great idea to be able to connect VSTS and Azure Web Apps. When a user commits their changes Azure gets notified and pulls the content. The idea suggested here is to add deployment failures to the process so that if the content fails to be pulled an admin/other designated person can discover the failure quickly. Currently in the absence of an email/text/other notification the pull process can fail for days before anyone discovers the problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Storage account share accessible through the web to the public (WAN)

I would require to get a storage account setup with a share that can be be easily opened (read) from a browser to the public with no access keys and mounting requirement out of the box. Like the possibility to create a web site with a file index.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to put current balance on the dashboard

View My Bill should go to my bill - there are too many clicks in between: I should also be able to see my current balance on the dashboard and burn rate in a simple window. This is important information I like to check frequently. I should not have to go off the dashboard to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Virtual Machine Portability on WAN for Customers Elasticity

Current virtualization software supports transparent VM migration between physical servers on the same LAN but WAN migration remains a challenge due to the need for network reconfiguration and storage migration.

If the idea implemented then the impact listed below:-

1. It can be Impact on all Cloud Business providers for Cost Competition.

2. Cloud Customers will be increased rapidly.

3. The thing is new most of the customer & they does not know about cloud during the process it will be more highlight in world.

4. As we all of know it is best and cheap but need more concentration.

Regards:
    Parshant Tyagi (M.tech,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Virtual Machine Portability on WAN for Customers Elasticity

Current virtualization software supports transparent VM migration between physical servers on the same LAN but WAN migration remains a challenge due to the need for network reconfiguration and storage migration.

If the idea implemented then the impact listed below:-

1. It can be Impact on all Cloud Business providers for Cost Competition.

2. Cloud Customers will be increased rapidly.

3. The thing is new most of the customer & they does not know about cloud during the process it will be more highlight in world.

4. As we all of know it is best and cheap but need more concentration.

Regards:
    Parshant Tyagi (M.tech,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. LIAR NOW

MICROSOFT AZURE CANCELED MY SIGNATURE FREE WITHOUT US OR HAVE CREATED A VIRTUAL MACHINE AND NOT HAVE USED VPS AND STILL charged 1 DOLLAR ON MY CREDIT AND THEN I TRIED TO CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT CARD WITH ANOTHER EMAIL AND PASSWORD AND SIMPLY AZURE BLOCKED MY OTHER ACCOUNT AND CHARGING MORE 1 DOLLAR ON MY CREDIT CARD, THEN AGAIN I TRIED AND AGAIN charged MORE 1 DOLLAR ON MY CREDIT CARD HOLDER NOT unlock MY ACCOUNT AND ALSO NOT CANCEL BEING THAT I ASKED PRA CANCEL MY ACCOUNT THEREFORE DO NOT WANT TO DO MORE BUSINESSES WITH A COMPANY dishonest…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. search by network/address

Search for networks or addresses.

If I go to virtual networks I can see all my networks. But I can't search any of them with the search bar. It would be great to be able to search for networks by address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1. Application Insights - Diagnostics statements live streaming based on configured log level. 2. Structural logging of any object data

1. To diagnose issues in azure paas environment, would like to have a feature for live streaming of diagnostic statements such as debug, info and error statements.
      2 .To diagnose issues in azure paas environment, would like to have a feature of logging any serialized dotnet object in json format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Query Stateful data

I want a way to "Query" data stored in a Stateful services. I am not referring to Linq querying during debugging, but say on, Prod environment while troubleshooting i need a way to know if the data i am looking for exists in the "State" or not.

Basically, a "Azure storage Explorer" kind of data visualiser tool

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make azure portal actually functional

It has been hours and I still cannot provision a new database due to the portal refusing to load pricing tiers. This is not acceptable. If my application was experiencing high demand, I need to be able to provision new resources. This is the entire point of the cloud, fast proactive and reactive provisioning on the fly. Attempting to create a new database for over 6 hours is not very flexible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a column showing the account name that created the resource

It would be good to add a column showing the username/account name of the person who created the resource when viewing a Resource Group (or list of Resources) as it's a nightmare to trawl through logs and find out at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to type in a subscription info.

We have azure gov and it is really frustrating that I have no way to add oms to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search in Azure portal should always find English search results as well as local language

When I find an Azure portal feature I want to use, e g on a cool blog, MSDN or other information, I want to find it in the list with English search words, but I still like the portal to remain in Swedish. E g now if I search for storage, nothing comes up. Some of the translations are not 100% so hard to guess the translation also. Can we have both English + local language search?

English - Swedish examples:
    Storage accounts - Lagringskonton
    Subscriptions - Prenumerationer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button

While being victim of an error in Azure platform, I decided to get help on that by purchasing a support subscription.
    When you do that, there is no indication about price.
    My mistake, I admit, because I purchased a standard (@253€/month) instead of Developer (@24€/month).
    Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base